Things you miss from the old CD

On Classic CD, the chief part of the logo should be a different color so it does not disappear into the header

I’m guessing you’re switching from Dark -> Classic. Do a full refresh of the page and it should fix itself. (Same goes when switching from Light->Dark or Dark->Light)

I have no idea if this was a thing on the old CD since I made my first account at Kick Off, but I noticed that there is no way of easily identifying the OP. Several forums or other online platforms (Reddit for example) have an icon or something next to the name when the person who originally made the post comments. I never really cared about it until now because I keep scrolling up to check whether or not that one comment I just saw was OP or not. Not sure if it was on the old CD or if it’s even possible with Discourse, just noticed that it’s not a thing here.

Wasn’t on the old CD either. Best way to ID the OP was to go to the first page, first post, and see who it was.

Nearly Everything.

The ability to search for users (was searching for teams a thing before??)

I’m trying to find a contact for FRC 1287 and I’m not finding a way to do that now.

It’s almost like HQ should have this ability as part of TIMS…

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not. I did check there. If there’s a way to do it on the new dashboard, could you give me a pointer?

You’d be amazed how many emails we get to the TBA contact address thinking that it’s the correct way to get in touch with some random team. And I wish I had a better answer for them than “here’s their website, hopefully there’s an email on it”

Blockquote
You’d be amazed how many emails we get to the TBA contact address thinking that it’s the correct way to get in touch with some random team. And I wish I had a better answer for them than “here’s their website, hopefully there’s an email on it”

yeah . . . In this case the site listed on TBA is down.

It actually used to be a part of TIMS(even though it was still terrible) but the functionality disappeared when they switched to the new website.

My sarcasm was not directed at you, it was directed at HQ for having no way for teams to get in touch with each other other than hoarding email addresses themselves.

I see. (sometimes hard to tell tone over a forum).

It appears the domain registration for 1287’s website has expired.

There’s not a way to search the user list by custom field, but I suppose it could be something we could add.

In the meantime, I queried the database directly:
@RobotMentor and @laplacier both have 1287 as their team number.

Is it just me or are literally all the old CD media pictures broken (IE, don’t load at all)? I went looking through a few old posts and none of them seem to work for me (even attempting to go to the pictures address directly just resulted in a 404 error). :neutral_face:

Not just you. The transfer to get them all though is really slow.

mouseover preview.

Now that I uave been using it a bit, I really miss the ability to collect a list of favorite forum topics. I know Discourse has the dot system, but it does not seem to be as effective.

Bookmarks?

Thank you. That allows you to bookmark a specific thread, I am looking for the bookmark forum or sub forum option. For example, technical, Python, Java, etc.