This ain't no disco...

Since now there will be no dancing party at the regionals
what do the Teams want to do on Friday night?

I just had a NYC Regional meeting and here are
the top items suggested-

1. Ultimate Frisbee games (Indoors)

2. RC car racing competition (doesn’t everyone have one?)

3. basketball game (half court please)

4. Ping-pong/pool competition

5. Video gaming (any system!)

6. Ice skating (only because the NYC Regional has a ring)

What do you think?
:slight_smile:

all these ideas sound fun. can we choose one or can we do all. i unfortunately will be there on a saturday unless i can get days as for my team there will need something to do

things add to list of things to do.

Break Dancing to some Decent Music

Oh- Wait no Dancing Party. Oh well guess well have to compromise a bit

*Originally posted by Rich Wong *
**Since now there will be no dancing party at the regionals

1. RC car racing competition (doesn’t everyone have one?)

What do you think?
:slight_smile: **

I won’t be at NYC but definitely RC car racing. I actually have 8. I propose this idea for Friday night at LA. I will be there with an RC car if anyone wants to join me.:slight_smile:

**Since now there will be no dancing party at the regionals

1. Video gaming (any system!)

What do you think?

I think they should have Microsoft donate a few dozen X-Boxes :smiley:

*Originally posted by Jnadke *

I think they should have Microsoft donate a few dozen X-Boxes :smiley: **

Everyone brings a TV and then we’ll get a PS2 w/ DDR, XBox with Halo, and GCN with wireless (:D) controllers playing Smash Bros.

1. Ultimate Frisbee games (Indoors)

How does indoor ultimate frisbee work??

2. RC car racing competition (doesn’t everyone have one?)

i don’t

3. basketball game (half court please)

hrm…interesting idea, but difficult to pull off with a lot of people.

4. Ping-pong/pool competition

1. Video gaming (any system!)

2. Ice skating (only because the NYC Regional has a ring)

how bout all of the above
:stuck_out_tongue:

1. Ping-pong/pool competition

wOOt I love ping pong or as I like to call it Gnip Gnop.

1. Ping-pong/pool competition

2. Video gaming (any system!)

What do you think?

Most definately some table tennis action should go on, but i know i will get wrecked in the video game department, unless someones bringing ps2 NHL HITS!

[quote]*Originally posted by AmyBeth330 *
How does indoor ultimate frisbee work??

Ultimate Frisbee is like Lacrosse or a soccer game
using a frisbee. Goals on opposite ends of the playing
field and event number of player.

hum… possible game scenario for
the robot competition… hum.
;)**[/quote]

rc would be awesome, and still remotely relevant to FIRST, i hope other regionals take up that idea. only problem, very limited number of channels for rc cars

rc would be awesome, and still remotely relevant to FIRST, i hope other regionals take up that idea. only problem, very limited number of channels for rc cars

Well not if everyone has good epuipment, cause i think there are fifty-somthing channels at 27mhz and 75mhz and then people just have crystals and make sure no one crosses over.

Ultimate Frisbee is like Lacrosse or a soccer game
using a frisbee. Goals on opposite ends of the playing
field and event number of player.

:stuck_out_tongue: i know what ultimate frisbee is. I was just wondering how you could play it indoors. I have never heard of such a thing

Well if the florida regional was still at KSC the parties were in teh saturn 5 building thats one massive building i think a game could get on in there…just watch for the poles.

well…i kinda have an inside link to some of the higher ups in charge of VCU, and i sorta convinced them to have inflateable boxing rings at that “social” grin

that is one of the best sports created by man.
My dad was actually on the U.S.A. Worlds team in 1994 when they won the world championship. We had a 20 person frisbee throw going on with 20 frisbees at the Party at the VCU technology center. I smashed a frisbee with a well placed throw.(heeheehee)
anyway does anyone remember that thread where people submitted ideas for next years game? I posted something about using frisbees. that would be so cool

-Ian
Ultimate Frisbee freak

*Originally posted by Nataku *
**rc would be awesome, and still remotely relevant to FIRST, i hope other regionals take up that idea. only problem, very limited number of channels for rc cars **

that’s not true, i have a few R/C cars and trucks and they all have different channels. 27.195MHz, 27.225MHz…

I just bought a new RB Concepts racing engine that i’m gonna break in tonight. 1.35hp in a 9 pound truck!!!

Do I correctly remember there was a team last year that went to play laser tag after NYC??
Does anyone know where that was?
If you know of a place please let me know.

Thanks

*Originally posted by fast frank *

that’s not true, i have a few R/C cars and trucks and they all have different channels. 27.195MHz, 27.225MHz…

I just bought a new RB Concepts racing engine that i’m gonna break in tonight. 1.35hp in a 9 pound truck!!! **

Have you checked out the new Schumacher Nitro FUsion? Now thats crazy stock doing 60 and then they have the option gears to get it to 80! kinda sick.

Do I correctly remember there was a team last year that went to play laser tag after NYC??
Laser tag would be a sweet team activity. By the way…is anyone else more than a little disappointed that there will be no dancing at this year’s parties??

*Originally posted by Mimi Brown *
** Laser tag would be a sweet team activity. By the way…is anyone else more than a little disappointed that there will be no dancing at this year’s parties?? **

I can’t say im disappointed at all, as a matter of fact.