TI-83+ Scoring Program

One of the students in Team 2070had the idea of creating a scoring program for the TI-83+. It is my understanding that teams are allowed to bring a scoring device as long as it’s not plugged in. So we’re going to go ahead and create one. I was wondering if any other team thought/attempted this. Any suggestions or constructive comments will be greatly appreciated.

Team 151 already has created a DOS style scoring “game.” It acts as a game because its turn based, (red, blue, red, blue, etc…) however, it could probably be adaptive to what you’re saying, I might have to steal your idea and forward it to the software people (and who said Tom Smykowski’s job was useless, i deal with the people, AND bring specs to the software guys, muhahahaha)

A palm or some color pocket PC would look cooler. But a TI-83 would work. However, with the small screen im not sure how well it would work. Maybe do some HSI(Human - System Integration) testing.

Hello jparkteach,
Well, I have programmed the TI-83+ plus before. (Before the competition came up, I was programming a boxing game on it. I haven’t worked on it since the beginning of the competition.) I never thought to use the TI-83+ to keep track of the score. I’m sure there is a way to do it. I don’t believe there is any rule against using something to keep track of score. Most likely the human player will keep track of the score, because everyone else will be busy driving (including the coach).
I am assuming this student who is taking on this task has had some programming experience. What has this student done in creating this program? How does this student plan on accomplishing entering and changing the tubes into the calculator? Basically, can you give me more specifics on this program? I can try and come up with a program as well. All I can say is please give me more specifics on this program so I can help you.

Have your team post a link on how others can download it. sounds interesting.

here

That doesn’t run on a TI-83+.