Time lapse of CORI set up

This is a time lapse video of the first few hours of CORI set up this Friday: https://youtu.be/LK7JO3Ztz4Y

Nice. Just emphasizes how much effort is needed to assemble those airships.

Yes it does. And this cuts off hours before we were actually done getting all of the electronics for the airship to work. Thankfully, with 5811’s much appreciated help, the tear down was significantly faster.

Seems so efficient in time lapse!

Questions:

1. How many hours did that take?
  2. Did CORI run power to airships/rotors/touchpads?
  3. What sort of FMS is CORI using?

Beach Blitz (Huntington Beach, CA) is using official FIRST field and a different FMS. We’re concerned with set up time since we can’t access our facility until after 3pm.

Plan to be there a while. Last season at Capital City Classic, with a significantly less complicated field and Cheesy Arena we were there setting up from 3:30pm to around 11pm. And I heard from the folks at Beantown Blitz yesterday that for setup they were there from 12pm-10pm+.

I’m assuming you’re using Cheesy Arena and renting from 254 so field electronics should be already figured out and have gone through one event already.

We’re planning on a late night, for sure. Just wondered if those 10 hour assemblies included all wiring. We may choose to score airships by hand and forego the wiring.

At MidKnight Mayhem last weekend we had a full official field and official FMS. Setup time from PODS unloaded and after floor protection was down to almost complete was 9 hours (including a 30-45min dinner). We had a very experienced crew and were a bit casual with set up at times, so it could go a bit quicker.

FIRST Mid-Atlantic has recommended off-season hosts to plan a total of 12 hours available for setup. Tear down and pack up ranges from 1.5-3 hours.

For us last season that figure did include all wiring. For Cheesy Arena (in general, not including things like airships or boilers) it’s mostly 5 cables to each alliance side, and then X cables for the LED controllers (one per side last year, not sure about this year), and then plugging in everything at each station. As long as you have a few people to dedicate to the task it goes quick. Here’s a little wiki article I wrote on wiring the field network (https://github.com/Team254/cheesy-arena/wiki/Field-Network-Setup)

I’d wait and see how Pat figures out rotor scoring for Chezy Champs. While they might still be scored by hand I have the feeling he’ll figure something out.

We had a full official field (the field perimeter is owned by Wright Patterson AFB and lent out to the Center Of Robotics Innovation, our FTA saud the game specific elements and electronics were the ones used on Curie). We started a little after noon and it took about 8 hours to do most of the physical set up, plus on the order of 3-4 more total hours to debug everything. We have been putting on CORI since 2010 and this was the toughest field to set up. Once we got rolling things went pretty smoothly. We were about 30 minutes behind schedule at the start, but stayed that way until eliminations, where we actually made that time back to end on time. Tear down took about 3.5 hours. One side note, we had the field electronics on two different circuits. This was the instruction to our FTA. With all of the motors on top of all the usual sensors this field is a power hog.