to all the wedgebots... (and the wannabes)

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/10/2001 4:05 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and If only we had free donuts…

your robot has to be the proper height to fit under that bridge. in one match at UTC, one of our alliance partners said they could wedge but apparently were too tall when they did it (when it should have been us). 12" (i measured em) was too high. heck, they didnt even know the proper height when i asked em… hehe. twas funny.

the ramp bots out there like 69 and perhaps wildstang (havent seen them) have a height of 11 1/8" where the lip of the bridge sits directly on top off.

the problem with this is you can never really tell if the bridge is balanced or not as soon as you leave the bridge. or so i’ve heard. i do know 69 simply rotates their bot 180 degrees and wedges nicely to aid balancing robots find the balanced position, before they slide out. so it solves the problem. (but then again they have a feature of allowing bots to drive over them off the balanced bridge…a cool feature!!)

the BEST height to be a wedge bot cannot be over 11 1/8". If you are over, your bot cannot prevent the see saw effect and might even get stuck under the bridge with all the weight (saw it happen at UTC too many times). so dont do it if you just think you can do it but did not actually think about the measurements…

so for all of you designing or adding this… keep this in mind ok? it’ll help all of us.

moving on to an advertisment…i would like to advertise that the rambot has never once failed to wedge itself at a perfect height designed to wedge perfectly. we never broke at UTC (cept when the students tinkered with it and didnt tell us … hehe). If you need a fast wedge, one that can also deliver balls, push goals VERY fast, limbos under the bar, looks cool and has a trophy backing its sexy shiny metalic parts, the rambot is the way to go :)… reputation and consistency…aye aye!

arooooooooooooooooo

good luck all…

-anton

ps. i love team 69. (tell me u love me chris)

Posted by Chris at 03/10/2001 1:28 PM EST

Student on team #69, HYPER Team 69 Quincy Public Schools Gillette , from North Quincy High and The Gillette Company.

In Reply to: to all the wedgebots… (and the wannabes)
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/10/2001 4:05 AM EST:

I think your right anton!!!

Got to Go

Chris

Team 69

Posted by nick237 at 03/10/2001 8:16 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

In Reply to: to all the wedgebots… (and the wannabes)
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/10/2001 4:05 AM EST:

Seing as there were only two other ramp bots at the UTC regionals and you mentioned 69 then I guess you were talking about us “237” and If I could apologize any more for our terrible standings I would.
I could pluck out an eye with a broken bottle, eat cow dung through a straw, stick my tongue in a light socket while rolling on hot lava, and some people still wont for give an error but IM SOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE?
But you better beware ANTON cause were gonna give the world a shock in Florida, and it wont be by me and my tongue in a light socket.
So be prepared to kiss your “sexy trophy” bye bye. were down but never count us OUT.
THE +++ TRIBE +++ IS ON THE WAR PATH
NICK237

: your robot has to be the proper height to fit under that bridge. in one match at UTC, one of our alliance partners said they could wedge but apparently were too tall when they did it (when it should have been us). 12" (i measured em) was too high. heck, they didnt even know the proper height when i asked em… hehe. twas funny.

: the ramp bots out there like 69 and perhaps wildstang (havent seen them) have a height of 11 1/8" where the lip of the bridge sits directly on top off.

: the problem with this is you can never really tell if the bridge is balanced or not as soon as you leave the bridge. or so i’ve heard. i do know 69 simply rotates their bot 180 degrees and wedges nicely to aid balancing robots find the balanced position, before they slide out. so it solves the problem. (but then again they have a feature of allowing bots to drive over them off the balanced bridge…a cool feature!!)

: the BEST height to be a wedge bot cannot be over 11 1/8". If you are over, your bot cannot prevent the see saw effect and might even get stuck under the bridge with all the weight (saw it happen at UTC too many times). so dont do it if you just think you can do it but did not actually think about the measurements…

: so for all of you designing or adding this… keep this in mind ok? it’ll help all of us.

: moving on to an advertisment…i would like to advertise that the rambot has never once failed to wedge itself at a perfect height designed to wedge perfectly. we never broke at UTC (cept when the students tinkered with it and didnt tell us … hehe). If you need a fast wedge, one that can also deliver balls, push goals VERY fast, limbos under the bar, looks cool and has a trophy backing its sexy shiny metalic parts, the rambot is the way to go :)… reputation and consistency…aye aye!

: arooooooooooooooooo

: good luck all…

: -anton

: ps. i love team 69. (tell me u love me chris)

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/11/2001 12:08 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and If only we had free donuts…

In Reply to: Re: ( from a wannabes)
Posted by nick237 on 03/10/2001 8:16 PM EST:

: Seing as there were only two other ramp bots at the UTC regionals and you mentioned 69 then I guess you were talking about us “237” and If I could apologize any more for our terrible standings I would.
: I could pluck out an eye with a broken bottle, eat cow dung through a straw, stick my tongue in a light socket while rolling on hot lava, and some people still wont for give an error but IM SOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE?
: But you better beware ANTON cause were gonna give the world a shock in Florida, and it wont be by me and my tongue in a light socket.
: So be prepared to kiss your “sexy trophy” bye bye. were down but never count us OUT.
: THE +++ TRIBE +++ IS ON THE WAR PATH
: NICK237

omigod, i cant believe i forgot to mention 237!! all I can say is that when i saw that entire wooden frame unbend into a ramp, i was amazed. The only flaw I could see in it was the speed, but if anything, i bowed to it when i first saw it in the practice rounds.

but definitely, do not apologize as your team had been so helpful if otherwise with your hero booth and your security officers.

As for this TRIBE BOT… something tells me from the picture that I should be afraid :). Good luck in florida and i hope to be teamed with you guys again. (We’ll make it count this time!).

oh and by the way, the RAMBOT is still as BAD and BEAUTIFUL as ever… but an added feature especially… the speed has been increased 15% !!!

uh oh… The RAMBOT… at a Florida near you.

-anton

ps. I WUB U NICK!

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/11/2001 10:29 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: /me bows to a legend.
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/11/2001 12:08 AM EST:

: omigod, i cant believe i forgot to mention 237!! all I can say is that when i saw that entire wooden frame unbend into a ramp, i was amazed. The only flaw I could see in it was the speed, but if anything, i bowed to it when i first saw it in the practice rounds.

I personally like to consider the original TRIBE-bot a work of art and a labor of love instead of a formidable robot. During one match, we were thrilled simply to see that the thing worked, no matter the score.

: but definitely, do not apologize as your team had been so helpful if otherwise with your hero booth and your security officers.

I wish we could have used the Booth Buddies (security officers). Noone signed one out, and I think we were dissapointed by this. Maybe next year we’ll know how to utilize it better, but I’m glad we got the idea out.

: As for this TRIBE BOT… something tells me from the picture that I should be afraid :). Good luck in florida and i hope to be teamed with you guys again. (We’ll make it count this time!).

As I’ve said before, only time will tell. I personally think the divisions will help us at Nationals, but I know that we will only do the best we can.

: oh and by the way, the RAMBOT is still as BAD and BEAUTIFUL as ever… but an added feature especially… the speed has been increased 15% !!!

: uh oh… The RAMBOT… at a Florida near you.

I have to say, the Rambots is one of the teams I felt deserved to do so well at UTC. I can’t wait to see your bot in FL.

By the way, how many Rambots are you taking to FL with you, Anton? I want to see as many red football jerseys at FL that I saw at UTC. :wink:

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by mike oleary at 03/11/2001 1:25 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Anyways…
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 03/11/2001 10:29 AM EST:

you wont be seeing any red football jerseys in florida…we sorta ‘borrowed’ those from the football team (figure: theyre not using them now anyways…whos gonna miss them?) (it was funny cuz when we got them they had to be passed out in a closed classromm whose door i think was locked and they had to go right into our backpacks before we could leave…me and some others wanted to put ours on and run around the school but were told we couldnt) but we had to give them back…but we ordered actual shirts just yesterday i think or maybe friday…but theres gonna be 50 people in our group, about 45 of them being hs/college students i think
but we can take even a much smaller number and make it count much bigger, so those 45 psychotic ninnies we got going would probably be the equivilent of 100 or so normal people…this is of course, assuming we all remember to take our ritilin cuz if we dont then itll get scary

: : omigod, i cant believe i forgot to mention 237!! all I can say is that when i saw that entire wooden frame unbend into a ramp, i was amazed. The only flaw I could see in it was the speed, but if anything, i bowed to it when i first saw it in the practice rounds.

: I personally like to consider the original TRIBE-bot a work of art and a labor of love instead of a formidable robot. During one match, we were thrilled simply to see that the thing worked, no matter the score.

:
: : but definitely, do not apologize as your team had been so helpful if otherwise with your hero booth and your security officers.

: I wish we could have used the Booth Buddies (security officers). Noone signed one out, and I think we were dissapointed by this. Maybe next year we’ll know how to utilize it better, but I’m glad we got the idea out.

: : As for this TRIBE BOT… something tells me from the picture that I should be afraid :). Good luck in florida and i hope to be teamed with you guys again. (We’ll make it count this time!).

: As I’ve said before, only time will tell. I personally think the divisions will help us at Nationals, but I know that we will only do the best we can.

: : oh and by the way, the RAMBOT is still as BAD and BEAUTIFUL as ever… but an added feature especially… the speed has been increased 15% !!!

: : uh oh… The RAMBOT… at a Florida near you.

: I have to say, the Rambots is one of the teams I felt deserved to do so well at UTC. I can’t wait to see your bot in FL.

: By the way, how many Rambots are you taking to FL with you, Anton? I want to see as many red football jerseys at FL that I saw at UTC. :wink:

: -Jessica B, #237