To all those watching from home...

Posted by Nate Smith at 1/3/2001 9:34 AM EST

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Just as a reminder or to those who didn’t see my first post on this…

For those of you watching the Kickoff this Saturday from home, there is just a little (hehe) website that I’ve set up, graciously hosted by my former team, Holland FIRST Robotics team 74…Kickoff Central 2001, located at the link below, is designed to be a one-stop center for those unable to attend the FIRST Robotics Competition kickoff in Manchester, NH this Saturday, January 6. It includes the only currently known links to the NASA TV webcast, which will be broadcasting the kickoff live. In addition, it has a chat room, links to several FIRST-related sites(including this one), and several advanced features, including an auto-updating agenda that will display the current activity throughout the day, as well as the Kickoff Central Update Monitor, which monitors FIRST’s main competition page at http://www.usfirst.org/thecomp.html, looking for the latest updates.

Kickoff Central was a huge success last year, with over 1000 hits to the site on the Saturday of Kickoff alone. Based on the response thus far, this year’s site could very easily beat that record. And on top of all that, you might be able to see me, who is working at the Kickoff in NH. Enjoy!

Nate Smith
Kickoff Central 2001 Creator