To all who attended Battlecry

Posted by Jon.

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 6/17/2000 6:24 PM MST

Thanks.
If you don’t know who i am, i was the ‘timekeeper/scoreboard guy’…

I just wanted to say thanks to all of the teams for coming and making it the toughest and most exciting competition i’ve seen to date.

One question, i was unable to get my video equipment working so i’m looking for tapes of any parts of it so i can make a master and edit…
thanks, i’ll see some of you at rumble in one shape or form…

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Student on team #69, HYPER (Helping Youth Pursue Engineering & Robotics), from Quincy Public Schools and The Gillette Company.

Posted on 6/18/2000 3:58 PM MST

In Reply to: To all who attended Battlecry posted by Jon on 6/17/2000 6:24 PM MST:

Jon,

Thanks to you and the rest of the WPI/Simplex crew that put on the best FIRST event I’ve been to all year…and yes, I rank BattleCry as more fun and more challenging than the National. I can’t wait to return next year and declare war for BattleCry @ WPI 2.

Congrats to everyone that participated on Saturday, and a word to team 166 – we were going to pick you if we had the chance to select an ally. :slight_smile:

Lora

Posted by Pamela.

Student on team #116, Team Merrimack, from MHS and Unitrode/ R S Machines.

Posted on 6/18/2000 9:13 PM MST

In Reply to: Thanks WPI & Simplex, and a message to Team 166 posted by Lora Knepper on 6/18/2000 3:58 PM MST:

Jon and the rest of the Battlecry Staff : you put other competitions to shame, your meet was well organized, smooth running, had good music, and made for a great day. My team had tons of fun and we want to thank you all for hosting such a great competition, we cannot wait until next year! ( hey any of you want to give me pointers about doing a comp.? I’m trying to work out FIRST on the 4th still!)

Lora: Team 166 is honored that such a great team would even think about choosing us as an ally. ( Esp. with all our problems!) Thank you so much for telling us that you were going to choose us, that made my day! We hold your team in the upmost respect, in my two years of FIRST I’ve only seen and heard great things about your team. Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon in comp.!

Posted by Jon.

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted on 6/18/2000 9:54 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Thanks WPI & Simplex, and a message to Team 166 posted by Pamela on 6/18/2000 9:13 PM MST:

having finally wedged myself in ‘The Loop’ here for Battlecry, i’ve learned a thing or two…

get in touch if you have some questions

[email protected]
ion2002 on AIM
3422012 on ICQ

Posted by Norman B Seguin Jr.

Engineer on team #157, Aztechs, from Assabet Valley High School and Simplex.

Posted on 6/19/2000 9:14 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Thanks WPI & Simplex, and a message to Team 166 posted by Pamela on 6/18/2000 9:13 PM MST:

As one of the event managers for BattleCry@WPI I want to thank all the teams that competed. You all were major contributors to the success of this event. Your participation and ‘Gracious Professionalism’ was very much appreciated. Hope to see you all next year in BattleCry@WPI 2.
: Jon and the rest of the Battlecry Staff : you put other competitions to shame, your meet was well organized, smooth running, had good music, and made for a great day. My team had tons of fun and we want to thank you all for hosting such a great competition, we cannot wait until next year! ( hey any of you want to give me pointers about doing a comp.? I’m trying to work out FIRST on the 4th still!)

: Lora: Team 166 is honored that such a great team would even think about choosing us as an ally. ( Esp. with all our problems!) Thank you so much for telling us that you were going to choose us, that made my day! We hold your team in the upmost respect, in my two years of FIRST I’ve only seen and heard great things about your team. Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon in comp.!