Tools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, lets talk tools. What do you have, what are your favorites, good deals, dream tools, etc?

For good deals my local Home Depot has some nice Ryobi tools on sale:

• 3/8" variable speed drill $40 (very nice and powerful)
  • 6 Amp Recipricating Saw $50
  • 10" Mitre saw $97
  • Little Band saw $97
  • Little drill press $97
  • 18V Cordless Combo including drill, recipricating saw, circular saw, 2 batteries, charger, and flashlight $170 (picked one of these up today)
  • All the 18V tools are available separately with 1 batt. and charger for $90-100. (there’s an 18V 8 1/4" miter saw too!)

Lowes and some Home Depots also have some nice delta tools for cheap:

• 10" Miter saw $100
  • Little drill press $100

And there’s many more.
Let’s hear of some you’ve seen.

I have too many tools to list. Majority of them Drills and Screwdrivers and hammers and rulers. and wrenches and ratchets all by craftsman

I have a full 13pc standard and 9pc metric set of Bondhus Allen Ball-end Drivers. They are soooo handy. Check 'em out at www.bondhus.com.

Just a note: They’re not cheap. The best I’ve found is $30 for the metric and $35 for standard.

I love my new Leatherman :slight_smile: Got it for my birthday from a few friends … it’s so sweet!

• Katie

Way too many tools to list, but my new favorite tool that Baker go this summer is this 360° swivel head Stanley rivet gun!

http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/homei/9910HIHITMB.gif

:smiley:

do those very nifty water jet cutters count as a tool? hehe, they can cut through 5 inch thick steel with ease…my team now has one on our side, very handy tool

*Originally posted by Nataku *
**do those very nifty water jet cutters count as a tool? hehe, they can cut through 5 inch thick steel with ease…my team now has one on our side, very handy tool **

Think of a CNC? Yeah…I want one too :slight_smile:

And as for leathermans…over priced :slight_smile: I like the leatherman clone I got at Kmart. Carolina or something like that. I had it in school once…it got taken away (something about knives considered weapons…:confused:). Then it got taken back :stuck_out_tongue:

im getting a new Gerber multi-plier 800 tonite.

• 3/8" variable speed drill $40 (very nice and powerful)
  • 6 Amp Recipricating Saw $50
  • 10" Mitre saw $97
  • Little Band saw $97
  • Little drill press $97
  • 18V Cordless Combo including drill, recipricating saw, circular saw, 2 batteries, charger, and flashlight $170
  • All the 18V tools are available separately with 1 batt. and charger for $90-100.
  • 10" Miter saw $100
  • Little drill press $100
  • Duct Tape… Priceless

We had two local contracting firms donate some tools wrenches sockets files cordless drill etc. If you have one in your area go talk to them and give them a sales pitch. I always wondered if a rental place would help to sponsor a team this way. Never hurts to ask.

Bridgeport
Nuff Said

Dremmel
1/2" weight loss drill bit

Wetzel

H:\Alice Peacock\Alice Peacock\Alice Peacock - 07 - Imagination.mp3

Gerber Multi-Plier 600 Pro Scout

It’s been on my belt every day of school…
Handy for practically anything, and a great general geek tool.

I might consider upgrading, at some point, but I love the plier deployment action. It still scares the hell out of Bill… :smiley:

*Originally posted by FotoPlasma *
**Gerber Multi-Plier 600 Pro Scout

It’s been on my belt every day of school…
Handy for practically anything, and a great general geek tool.

I might consider upgrading, at some point, but I love the plier deployment action. It still scares the hell out of Bill… :smiley: **

/me is scared…

Why would you ever need that on your belt… :stuck_out_tongue:
Pockets work so much better…

*Originally posted by Yearbook50 *
/me is scared…

Why would you ever need that on your belt… :stuck_out_tongue:
Pockets work so much better… **

Left pocket: hacky sack
Right pocket: keys, pens, loose change, a couple bucks, mini-tape measure, various scraps of paper

Anyway, it came with a belt holster… :stuck_out_tongue: