Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Points new scream machine

Have you heard about Cedar Point’s new coaster. It is 420, yes, 420 feet tall and uses hydraulic launchers to go from 0 to 120 mph in 4 seconds. Quick rundown - 0 to 120 in 4 secs, 420 feet straight, as in 90 degress, up, then straight down (except for the spirals of course). Then you slow down. All in all you had better be in good health to ride this thing.

BTW I have heard they are having problems with Wicked Twister because of the winds off of the lake? Is this true?

ahh sounds like a thrill. i’ve never been to cedar point thoe… but i’ve beent o six flags… does that make up fer it?

Hell no. CP is the place for coaster officinatos.

I don’t think they are having lots of trouble with WT because of the wind of the lake. I think it was a small steel problem. They are replacing the steel over the winter now. They havn’t ran the ride at full speed for a while now.

Anyway, TTD. The launch is actually around 3 seconds, so it’s a rush. And then when you go straight up, you don’t come straight down. You spiral down to the ground.

I wasn’t sure about Wt’s problem. The bad part about it is going to be the wait vs. ride. Lots of the new rides, like WT and this one are are real short. So they can cycle lots of people through. i would rather wait in line for 3 hours for MF than a 3 second ride. I’m still going to ride it if i can though.

*Originally posted by Morgoth *
**I wasn’t sure about Wt’s problem. The bad part about it is going to be the wait vs. ride. Lots of the new rides, like WT and this one are are real short. So they can cycle lots of people through. i would rather wait in line for 3 hours for MF than a 3 second ride. I’m still going to ride it if i can though. **

I personal thing that each coaster is different and has a different purpose. MF is for speed and lenght. MXL200 for air time. TTD for speed and height and that drop.

Not a lot of people have heard of it but Shivering Timbers, at Michigans Adventure is the best coaster for airtime i have ever ridden. Its wood and only 125 feet tall but its FUN.

*Originally posted by JosephM *
**I personal thing that each coaster is different and has a different purpose. MF is for speed and lenght. MXL200 for air time. TTD for speed and height and that drop. **

Ok coaster boy, for the rest of us, what rides are those.
Also, I wonder how the biggest coaster fre…afficando Krass missed this thread.:wink:

Wetzel

*Originally posted by Wetzel *
**Ok coaster boy, for the rest of us, what rides are those.
Also, I wonder how the biggest coaster fre…afficando Krass missed this thread.:wink:

Wetzel **

:stuck_out_tongue:

Magnum XL200 is the first 200 ft coaster and was built for air time. Top Thrill Dragster was built for speed and height.

And a good point, I thought the coaster god Michael would post, but I guess not…