Tracking Canadian teams at nationals!

Hello.

Everyone is welcomed to use our Canadian Team Tracking System. It was developed by myself: David Di Biase of RoboBlue Warriors # 1049, http://www.stmichaelscollege.ca/robotics and Tim Ginn of Port Perry Robotics #1006, http://www.portperryrobotics.ca

We are currently offering it on our joint open-source project: openFIRST. Here is the link:

http://openfirst.sourceforge.net/rankings.php

openFIRST is a project that both our teams have decided to work on. We are building open-source web components for other teams (all over north america) to use on there own websites. If you are interested in getting involved please contact either me or Tim.

Thanks,

David

Just to let everyone know. The ranking viewer is now updated with a refresher. At the top of the page you will see a form that says Competition and the button View.

By selecting between Competition the different groups you are settings which group the page will refresh at. If you select Competition the refresher will refresh the page with Competition starting at the top and the rest of the data below.

The refresher currently refreshes at every 30 seconds.

If you wish to keep the data constantly viewable the easiest way is to maximize your browser window (using F11) and previewing it from either competition or (Archimedes).

Enjoy!

How many canadian teams are left in the divisions? I think all the the canadian teams are elimenated from the Curie division… Too bad … :mad:

Yes. All the Canadian teams, unfortunately, are gone. Oh well It will be up to us to bring the Canadian power to nationals next year.

Beware :-p

also beware the awesome power of canadian ingenuity in your tracker X D

I dunno, I know the the Canadian Team in our division that I talked to a lot, i.e. 783, did awesome in their matches, once they got eveything working good. The torque on theirs was amazing. Dunno, I just know I had fun talking to them, It was fun to walk by and go CANADA! Then again, I did that to some poor team at Olive Garden on the last day…poor them

Sorry to team 771 for being part of your chain of bad luck. Like many teams at the championship from our regional said, we were due to tip over. Your team was awesome and great to work with. I love All girl canadian teams. Good Luck in future competions and if we work together again we hope to be a better partner for your team.

As to other canadian teams, our pit was between team 1088 and another canadian rookie team. Neither made finals but had many great team member. I got a canadian flag pin which I wore with pride during the competion. GO CANADIA!

Yes, we certainly did have some bad luck as far as alliances go. We were doing well for a while, but ultimately I suppose you’re only as good as your alliance. 3 of our alliances tipped over, one didn’t even start up, and another was in pieces minutes before the match! 1108, you guys rocked. Your robot was amazing, and congrats on doing so well! We’ll just have to come back better than ever and blow the socks off the competition next year! I think in the end it’s not how many matches you win, but how well you played, and that’s what we’re going to take away with us. We had a blast meeting so many different teams, and learning how we can further improve our skills in the competition. Cograts to all teams on an AMAZING job. I have a feeling next year Canada is going to go all the way… :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Sophey Chan *
**I dunno, I know the the Canadian Team in our division that I talked to a lot, i.e. 783, did awesome in their matches, once they got eveything working good. The torque on theirs was amazing. Dunno, I just know I had fun talking to them, It was fun to walk by and go CANADA! Then again, I did that to some poor team at Olive Garden on the last day…poor them **

783 has a little story about forgetting to put in breakers for their drive motors, but that’s another story. As for that Olive Garden thing, that was probably us…

*Originally posted by jonathan lall *
**783 has a little story about forgetting to put in breakers for their drive motors, but that’s another story. As for that Olive Garden thing, that was probably us… **

Haha, I dunno, the red and white jersey hockey type shirts. I dunno, only reason I did it outside was cause I remember the guy, he had liek blonde hair and I saw him running up and down the ramps earlier. I think it was liek the mentor inside I hugged, and was liek “Yea, I jsut yell Canada cause I know one of the other teams”

1114 - I was amazed by this rookie - which built a 7 stack for a 7x7 49 point score - did get to the elimination rounds - had incredible engineering - I was really surprised it did not get Rookie of the year at the nationals.

Since I was just observing - I was sure to point out this robot to any judge who came by. From the elegant swerve drive to the ingenious stacker and little box flipper - this one of the most elegant robots ever at a first competition. Unfortunately - there was too much Battlebots in 2003.

But don’t worry - class will always win out in the end, and the 1114 team had a lot of it.

Yup, the red and white hockey jerseys was us. The guy you yelled at would be our mentor (his hair is brown).

1114 got Rookie of the Year at Pittsburgh I believe. Not sure, but I think their ‘elegant swerve drive’ was originally meant to be omnidirectional but didn’t work properly, and they flipped easily and often. They were a very specialized stacker, and that coupled with the the former disadvantages and their ‘always run for the stack’ strategy I think are why they didn’t do all that well. However, their robot was a feat of engineering for sure. If you get the chance to, take a look at their robot up close. Definitely a team to watch.

Im suprised to see such a fantastic response from some of the Americans to the Canadians in these forums. With the recent events with our government and SARS I would have expected a little more…resent.

It’s great to see that this competition can make us forget about current events and come together as one entire continent.

God bless America and OH CANADA!

*Originally posted by blueWarrior *
**Im suprised to see such a fantastic response from some of the Americans to the Canadians in these forums. With the recent events with our government and SARS I would have expected a little more…resent.

Good friends can express their different opinions and still stay friends.

Any team that makes it to a competition is worthy of my respect and admiration no matter where they come from, what their color is, or what language they speak.

Now just stop stealing our fish!;D

:eek: :ahh: There our fish too! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeh. I agree with what you said, I just hope everyone else thinks the way you do.

Thanks for the kind words :cool:

wouldnt it be great if we had an all canadian alliance? :smiley:

hehe… we were talking about the possibility of that in curie with 610 and 781 being high seeded :smiley:

It is very nice to see friendliness and mutual appreciation between our two countries, especially when world events make the situation somewhat strained between our respective governments. But hey… governments and robotics : P

*Originally posted by Shanan *
**Yes, we certainly did have some bad luck as far as alliances go. We were doing well for a while, but ultimately I suppose you’re only as good as your alliance. 3 of our alliances tipped over, one didn’t even start up, and another was in pieces minutes before the match! 1108, you guys rocked. Your robot was amazing, and congrats on doing so well! We’ll just have to come back better than ever and blow the socks off the competition next year! I think in the end it’s not how many matches you win, but how well you played, and that’s what we’re going to take away with us. We had a blast meeting so many different teams, and learning how we can further improve our skills in the competition. Cograts to all teams on an AMAZING job. I have a feeling next year Canada is going to go all the way… :slight_smile: **