tracking multi targets question

does any one have any suggestions for tracking two targets using the mplab code?

Short of doing image analysis on a returned image, I’m not sure that its possible hardware wise.

what are the targets? it may be possible, but the code may take up too much space.

The camera’s hardware is only capable of tracking one target at a time. But if there are two targets in its field of view, it will perform the equivalent of drawing a “box” around both of the targets and tracking the center of that “box”. The robot can determine the number of targets it is tracking based on the size of that “box.”

Read this thread: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51048

Quote:
The camera’s hardware is only capable of tracking one target at a time. But if there are two targets in its field of view, it will perform the equivalent of drawing a “box” around both of the targets and tracking the center of that “box”. The robot can determine the number of targets it is tracking based on the size of that “box.”

Basically, you can tell how many targets there is by the number of pixels your camera counts, distance also affects this factor.

True, but distance would affect height and width of the box, whereas I believe two targets only primarily affects the width, so I think you could probably compensate for it fairly effectively with some basic math.

check out the video on kevin.org. It is very informative, and explains alot.