Trading Shirts

Many people have come up to us asking if we want to trade team shirts with them. Can someone please explain to me why they would want other teams’ shirts because it seems pointless? I am pretty sure you are not going to wear it. I mean I kinda understand exchanging buttons, I know my team has like a place in our workshop were we can hang all the buttons we are given, but shirts? I doubt you have them hanging up somewhere? What do you do with other teams’ shirst, there really isnt much you can do? Can someone explain this?

Well for me, it would be something I’d do if it was a shirt from a team that I really liked, had friends on, or just wanted to remember because they stand out in my mind in general.

Some people just think it’s cool to collect shirts from other teams :wink:

I got a few shirts this yea, with it being my last year I collected shirts from teams I have been friends with for about 3 to 2 years. I also have two from the new teams I met this year and helped out with. And about not wearing them…lol I wear them all the time. It is fun to have a shirt from that team…then I know i will never forget them. Plus, it is a large and i never will out grow them!
~Ashes~

acctually all the first i got, 84, and 56 i wear occasionally… at PARC (if they remeber)… i should recieve a nice Team 103 shirt that i will wear proudly because there are not only national chairmens, but also an Incredibly awsome team
i am interested in a T102 orange shirt(that i can wear:P) there could be a hawiian shirt in it for ya

Big Mike,

I won’t be at PARC, but I’m sending along one of my XXL 103 shirts specifically for you. Having the 25 crew come down to the floor in Houston after the Chairman’s presentation was great - Thanks.

Before we left the pits in Houston, I also dropped off two 103 shirts with your crew. If you have any extras, Could you or Wayne see that our drivers, Zac and Mike, get 25 shirts?

I also announced to the whole team today to take an extra shirt to PARC with them because we had several requests for trades. I’m sure some of our gang will bring them.

Several of our members traded their souls for MOE shirts, and they DO wear them. Heh, I’ve heard they got strange looks in school … but that’s part of beeing a robot geek! :slight_smile:

Also, I worked hard to get a crew shirt last year, which I wear all the time. As for other teams’ shirts … if they were cool shirts, I would wear them! Especially during build season–I like to wear FIRST clothes for as many days in a row as possible :slight_smile:

Stephen

I wear other team swag all the time.

I freaked out some kids at LA when I was wearing a Technokats shirt. “Oh my god, the Technokats are here?!!?! Oh crap!”

Wetzel

hehehe

*Originally posted by Wetzel *
I freaked out some kids at LA when I was wearing a Technokats shirt. "Oh my god, the Technokats are here?!!?! Oh %$%$%$%!"

I hope it wasn’t one of our students using that kind of language.:wink:

*Originally posted by Hottie Robottie *
**Many people have come up to us asking if we want to trade team shirts with them. Can someone please explain to me why they would want other teams’ shirts because it seems pointless? I am pretty sure you are not going to wear it. **
Haha. I have so many shirts from other teams, and I wear them all the time! In fact, today I am wearing my 713 shirt, and yesterday I wore my 45 shirt. Tomorrow, I plan on wearing my (2003) 269 shirt! I’d rather have a shirt than a button any day! :yikes:

• Katie