Trouble using TX16S in Robot Simulation

We’re trying to use a RadioMaster TX16S controller and are having trouble when using the Robot Simulation. Often, the simulation display will be flash up and then immediately terminate. Occasionally, the simulation comes up and I can proceed, but this is about 1 in every 4 or 5 attempts. Most times, when the sim crashes, this is the output:

HAL Extensions: Attempting to load: halsim_gui
Simulator GUI Initializing.
Simulator GUI Initialized!
HAL Extensions: Successfully loaded extension
********** Robot program starting **********

But I have seen this output:
HAL Extensions: Attempting to load: halsim_gui
Simulator GUI Initializing.
Simulator GUI Initialized!
HAL Extensions: Successfully loaded extension
********** Robot program starting **********
NT: server: client CONNECTED: 192.168.68.145 port 63025

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007fff7cc300a4, pid=15816, tid=24772

JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-11.0.13+8 (11.0.13+8) (build 11.0.13+8)

Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-11.0.13+8 (11.0.13+8, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

Problematic frame:

C [halsim_gui.dll+0x100a4]

No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

An error report file with more information is saved as:

C:\Users\Team4572Admin\Documents\GitHub\MecanumCommand-Imported\hs_err_pid15816.log

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

Issues · adoptium/adoptium-support · GitHub

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

[error occurred during error reporting (), id 0xc0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007fff7cc2fed0]

I have a log file if helpful, but CD wouldn’t let me upload it because of the extension. I can copy/paste or send directly if needed.

One other observation: when it flashes up on the screen, I see the buttons for the controller show up on the sim panel, but when it launces successfully, I do not see any of the buttons. Not sure if this is meaningful.

All in all, it feels like some kind of race condition when bringing the controller on-line.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.