Trouble with Drive System

Hey guys. We just finished our robot today (yay!) and went to test our program (LabView, we had too many problems teaching Java last year…). It was basic drive program with a single motor being turned based on whether the trigger was pressed. I ran it and enabled the robot on TeleOp on the DS and … no luck. :frowning:

The error the driver station threw back was that the TeleOp loop was going too slowly. It also spit out a slew of random characters. I tried a default drive program too (the basic RoboRio arcade drive program) and got the same error. I’ll post the exact error later when I have the DS with me along with the program. but for now does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks for all the help!

If you have too much code in your teleop.vi it’ll bog down the roboRIO which will affect your ability to drive. Try to minimize your teleop code to just drive and maybe a couple of other things. You can run a lot of your code in periodic tasks.

If the too slow error only prints once or twice, after the robot is first started, that might be okay. To check, clear the errors after the code’s running and see if it occurs again while operating the driver controls normally.

That’s the thing, there is not code in the teleop because the error occurred even when we were using the basic arcade drive program template in LabVIEW. And Mr. McLeod I don’t understand what you mean…

Hey guys, so I finally was able to get a hold of the DS laptop to look at the DS logs and this is the exact error that is being spit back out during teleop:

3:33:49.792 PM
ERROR  -44061 occurred at "Left and Right Motors" in the VI path: Robot Main.vi
FRC:  The loop that contains RobotDrive is not running fast enough. This error can occur if the loop contains too much code, or if one or more other loops are starving the RobotDrive loop.

Again this code was spit out even when running the default labview program, so there was almost nothing in the teleop code. I will continue scrutinizing the code but any extra help would be very appreciated!

Just a hunch: it might be another app on your laptop – typically a background app loaded when windoze starts – that is causing the problem, interrupting the DS long enough to cause it to drop packets.

it might be another app on your laptop – typically a background app loaded when windoze starts – that is causing the problem, interrupting the DS long enough to cause it to drop packets.

I checked this out and it turned out that Norton was running a computer diagnostic yesterday at the time of our testing. IDK if that was the culprit, but today I ran the program on the simulator and it seemed to work fine. Hopefully that was the solution…