Truck Town Thunder-Team 68

As a very proud Truck Town Mom I wish to congratulate all of the members and advisors for their truly amazing bot. I cannot say enough about the character and integrity of all members of Team #68. I am extremely honored that my daughter has had the opportunity to be a part of the FIRST organization and a member of this outstanding team. For teams that may not be aware of this–team 68 works year round, not just during competition session. They do many community and volunteer service projects and give robotic demonstrations to hundreds of area school children each year to help promote the FIRST organization. This team is the epitome of what FIRST stands for. Their gracious prfessionalism cannot be overstated. I know the countless hours of brainstorming, designing, building and strategizing that T3 has spent and I am confident their efforts will not have been in vain. I hope all teams will take the time to stop by the T3 pits and meet the team if you haven’t already. They are tops in my book!!! From the proudest T3 mom- I salute your hard work, dedication and commitment and wish you all the best. :smiley:

*Originally posted by ProudTeam68Mom *
**They do many community and volunteer service projects and give robotic demonstrations to hundreds of area school children each year to help promote the FIRST organization. This team is the epitome of what FIRST stands for. **

Its really great to hear teams do more than just building robots! Go T3!

Do you mind telling mespecifically what kind of community and volunteer service projects you do? There are lots of teams over here, but only a hand full of them do more than building a robot. I am eager to find out more what people do around the country, and suggest them to the teams over here.

Ken-

As a memeber of Truck I would love to sahre some of our community service ideas with you and youre team. Over the past year we have done things such as holding a car wash and donating the money to a charity and cleaning up yards for various community buildings. Truck pulls members from 10 different schools in 8 different communities and thus we have a wide range of area to work with. We have also volunteered time working school fairs, reading nights, and family fun nights at local elementary schools. My favorite community outreach that we do is put on robotics demonstrations at the elementary schools. We bring our robot, a video of the FIRST game for that year, and usually what our robot was used for (such as with 2002’s game we brought a goal and a few balls) We also do fun things that involve the children and relate the complex aspects of the robot to things that they understand. They love realizing that they too can build what is in front of them. We usually also promote FIRST Lego League since that is the age range that we are reaching out to. Thats just a few if you have any questions feel free to ask…

~Lauren~