TV Coverage

While inspecting robots at nationals, one team was being followed by a TV crew… unfortunately I forgot which team and which TV crew. Anyone have any idea? I think it might have been either National Geographic channel or Discovery channel. The TV crew even mounted a mini DV camera on the robot to record “robot view.”

I also saw TechTV filming the finals, and a few other local stations from Houston. Anyone else see any other TV crews, or see anything related to competition on TV yet?

The team was 339. They were in Newton Division and it was Discovery channel following them I think.:confused: :frowning:

I dunno if this is the right place to post this or not…but did anyone see the TV special on FIRST on Friday(I think) night? It was a documentary on team 57 from the 2001 game, and I thought it was pretty cool.

The TechTV story ran on Monday night’s edition of TechLive. The story was about two and a half minutes (give or take 30 seconds), and it was a very positive portrayal of FIRST. I don’t think they’ll be running it again any time soon, though.

Discovery Channel was also following a team in Curie that also competed at the Chesapeake Regional. I’m pretty sure it was team 357 but I’m not positive on it.

Matt

Discovery Channel was there on Saturday, shooting a long time. They interviewed some of our team and did a whole team shot with us shouting out our home state in the pits while we were packing up. CNN was also shooting, as they had video to play under two live interviews on Monday morning. And at least one team had a camera person on the team that I saw shooting a lot but I can’t remember the team. They were playing in Archimedes.

254 had a camera man with them throughout Sacramento and SVR. There was a camera crew at Sacramento as well, I was interviewed by them, and some others were too. BTW, anyone from Sacramento area see any footage after?

Cory

Man, it would rock if Discovery Channel showed a documentary on FIRST. If anyone knows if and when anything they shot might be aired, be sure to tell us all… I don’t watch the Discovery Channel as much as I used to, so I won’t hear about it until it’s too late unless I hear (read) it here…

i’m the camera crew on my team and i do alot with that.
I’ve een mounted a camera on top of the robot. (unforteunately with out the bins in the way but it’s still a shot.)
I’ll have to upload it to our web page.

I’d like to see the documentary too so i’ll look for it and post it if someone else doesn’t.

I’m also working on a video compilation about FIRST so if anyone has some footage of their team that i could use, send me a PM.

I don’t know about tv, but our team spent over an hour talking to a writer for Discover magazine. It was really neat, I didn’t think our mentor was ever going to let him leave our pit area. He also had a interview with Dean sometime.

*Originally posted by Al Skierkiewicz *
**Discovery Channel was there on Saturday, shooting a long time. They interviewed some of our team and did a whole team shot with us shouting out our home state in the pits while we were packing up. CNN was also shooting, as they had video to play under two live interviews on Monday morning. And at least one team had a camera person on the team that I saw shooting a lot but I can’t remember the team. They were playing in Archimedes. **

cnn air something thats not on the War and/or what we’re doing over there now? :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

*Originally posted by Vincent Chan *
**Man, it would rock if Discovery Channel showed a documentary on FIRST. If anyone knows if and when anything they shot might be aired, be sure to tell us all… I don’t watch the Discovery Channel as much as I used to, so I won’t hear about it until it’s too late unless I hear (read) it here… **

We have copies of an A&E special on the FIRST competition in 2001 down in VA hosted by Terry Bradshaw (talk about a fish out of water!).