UFH: Patricia Chen-Lee

Thread created automatically to discuss UFH Honoree: Patricia Chen-Lee.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/ufh/image/1129432944PCL_jpg](http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/ufh.php?action=honoreedetail&id=48)

Name: Patricia Chen-Lee
Date Honored: 10-14-2005
Years involved w/FIRST: 6
FIRST Team(s): UTC/Pratt &, Whitney LSP/Manufacturers Round Table &, South Fork High School &, Martin County High School &, Jensen Beach High School &, Clark Advanced Learning Center (0180)
Role: Administrative
Quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." - Dr. Seuss
Bio: Patricia Chen-Lee is the do-it-all administrative mentor from Team #180, S.P.A.M. She explained to us exactly what her job consists of: “My primary function is handling students accounts and affairs. I worked with students during built season and travel with them as well. I also serve as an advisor for the Southern Florida Chapter of the Robot Chicks Union (RCU) and Robot Chicks Union International.” Needless to say, she’s a well-rounded mentor helping to further the RCU and Team #180 with her astounding efforts.

Patricia also gave us her favorite memory during her six-year involvement with FIRST. “My favorite memory is in 2002 when I took Team 180, S.P.A.M. to KSC Regional and the team won first place as well as the Motorola Quality Award.” She’s also got quite a list of accomplishments under her belt: “The accomplishment that I am most proud of is the creation of Girls Camp. This is a one week camp for the ladies on the team to learn how to use the tools in our pit. Another thing that I am proud of is my friendship with students from the different teams. I always will fondly call them the “My Chickadees”.”

When asked to give us a little bit about the FIRST program, Patricia gave us this summary: “FIRST is an incredible opportunity for students to be expose to the world of engineering, math, science and technology. The program shows how these subject areas can be fun not boring. It is possible to have a job that one can be “working” by playing.”

Finally, Patricia left us with this piece of advice: “FIRST is “addictive”, once you are hooked, you are hooked for life. The greatest joy from mentoring is knowing that you have enriched a student’s life with opportunities.”

Congratulations to Patricia Chen-Lee, our next Unsung FIRST Hero.

Nominated By: Arefin Bari

Congratulations to Patricia Chen-Lee, our next Unsung FIRST Hero.

Wow… Congrats Ms. Lee. You definitely deserve the honor. S.P.A.M. can’t live without you. You have not only been there for me as a mentor, you were there for me all the time. Anytime I needed to talk to someone, you have been there for me. Thanks for all the pasta and lasagna. I love you Ms. Lee. :]

Congrats Ms. Lee, you are one spamer that can always get through the SPAM filter.:wink:

Ms. Lee, you deserve this so much!! Thank you for your dedication to FIRST- be it a team, the RCU, or anything! You’ve shaped our FIRST community and inspired so many around you-congratulations!

Congrats to my mom! I’m so proud of the things you have done especially this year taking on two FLL teams and one of the heads of S.P.A.M. along with the RCU.
You have taught me so much and you are one of my heroes and role models in life. Thanks for everything you have done for Michael and I. I love you mommy! :hugs:

Congrats again!
:slight_smile:

Congrats Mrs. Lee, This is very well deserved. You inspire students within SPAM, RCU, and Lego league and continue to do so even after your spammers have gone off to college. This award is going to a great teacher, mentor, and parent… and her pasta isn’t half bad either. :wink:

Congratulations Ms. Lee, I have known you for only a little while but I already look up to you. You have the certain touch where your inspiration can brighten even the darkest corners – something that deserves to be recognized and I am glad it has.

YAY for mrs Lee. :slight_smile:

Many congratulations to you Ms. Lee, You are definetly well deserving of such an honor.

Congratulations!

Ms.Lee congraulations you are very deserving, from myself and everyone on 1251.

Congrats again,
Drew

Go 180! SPAM! :smiley:

Hurray for another NEM!

One BIG WooHoo! for you Pat! Like many have already said, you are VERY deserving of this award! It has been a joy to work with you, and I appreciate the many times we’ve had the chance to discuss life’s little and not so little issues.

OK now … after ALL these testimonials, you are just going to HAVE to bring some of this FAMOUS pasta to the SPAM Pit! :smiley:

Eric

YAY Ms. Pat! =]]]
You totally deserve this.
Congratulations!

Congrats, Ms. Lee!

(On a side note, this is the third SPAMmer to get UFH that I can recall. They must be doing something right. :wink: )

Is this a record? S.P.A.M. has three UFH mentors now. Two of them were nominated by non-team members. S.P.A.M. mentors are awesome. Congrats Mrs. Lee!!!

Congratulations, Patricia! Thanks for being part of a great team.

S.P.A.M is just very lucky to have these mentors. They are truly dedicated to FIRST and it’s mission to help inspire students. The mentors do many great things and some how they all seem to touch us crazy S.P.A.M.mers in a way. Thank you again to all the S.P.A.M mentors, without you it just wouldn’t be the same.

CONGRATULATIONS, PAT!!! err… Mrs. Lee
I don’t think I have ever met you in person but from RCU and group e-mails, I can’t wait to!!!
:smiley:

I know SPAM loves you!!!