Unable to build code due to gradle error

Building our robot’s code fails very quickly and puts out the error message:

An exception occurred applying plugin request [id: 'edu.wpi.first.GradleRIO', version: '2023.1.1']
>Failed to apply plugin class 'edu.wpi.first.deployutils.DeployUtils'.
 > Could not create plugin of type 'DeployUtils'.
    > Could not generate a decorated class for type DeployUtils.
       > com/jcraft/jsch/JSch

I’m not sure what could be causing it, no other files seem to have any issues. We tried creating a new example project and got the same error without touching any code. Is it an issue with WPI’s servers?

You could try this: Error in unedited build.gradle after updating project from 2021 to 2022 - #4 by Thad_House

Be sure to change the username to the one on your computer.

We have (only) one student who is seeing the same error. I looked at the referenced post, and don’t understand what file is “in the way”. We don’t have a “gradle” at the indicated location, or I don’t understand what Thad_House means. We did do a reboot and the problem persists.

Could someone explain what’s actually wrong? I imagine I could solve the problem if I understood the error.

Solved:

Excellent. Thank you.

A followup for others searching. This error was actually preceded by a similarly mysterious error:

ChargedUp: zip END header not found

when building from the IDE. Using a command-line build we were able to trace this to a corrupted file in another area managed by the build process. Deleting that temporary area led us the problem above.

- Darren

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.