Unable to open resource files.

I’m at breaking point with LabVIEW. I un-installed LabVIEW, finding there was a possible fix to our problem. So, I did a system restore to 10 days prior, Jan. 20th, to restore all LabVIEW files. A Windows error message “Unable to open resource files” pops up when I try to open LabVIEW.

Prior to System Restoring, I tried to re-download LabVIEW via CD, and I was getting errors about resource files and languages.

Yesterday, NI had informed the laptop of a critical update, so I proceeded to install the update - thinking it was the patch needed to fix the SmartDashboard. This caused a problem with the Imaging tool saying we had a CAN plugin and had to remove it from StartupDlls. We tried everything we’ve been told so far, and nothing worked.

Now, LabVIEW isn’t working on THIS computer. We have a current, up-to-date issue of LabVIEW on another laptop and we’re still getting our OLD problem “Waiting for RT cRIO to respond.” This is said problem caused by the SmartDashboard from what I’ve been told.

Like I said, I’m at wits end with LabVIEW. Also in the rules (r55) and being told while at Kickoff, you can’t use any other programming software for the cRIO, such as C++, Java, Python, etc.

What?

You can use any of these languages for FRC.

R55 refers to the cRIO hardware and image only.

Unless “system restore” means something other than what I think it does, it won’t get you back any programs you removed. All it does is make active a previously saved copy of the Windows system files. If you uninstalled LabVIEW, you’re going to have to reinstall it in order to use it.

Yesterday, NI had informed the laptop of a critical update, so I proceeded to install the update - thinking it was the patch needed to fix the SmartDashboard.

The automatic NI updates have nothing to do with the FRC libraries. When the SmartDashboard fix is released, you’ll find out about it from FIRST (and it’ll end up being announced here on Chief Delphi immediately).

Now, LabVIEW isn’t working on THIS computer. We have a current, up-to-date issue of LabVIEW on another laptop and we’re still getting our OLD problem “Waiting for RT cRIO to respond.” This is said problem caused by the SmartDashboard from what I’ve been told.

You’ve also been told how to work around that problem, right? Just close the Dashboard program before trying to load software onto the cRIO, and the bug won’t be triggered.

Somehow, the alt. computer is working. This one however, doesn’t work no matter what’s done. SmartDashboard wasn’t opened during any of the run/deployment of code. When I retried to re-install LabVIEW after uninstalling it via “Add or Remove a program,” I was getting error messages such as “Unable to find language files.” It’s good to know that the patch will be announced here once it’s released. I’ll have another run at re-installing LabVIEW and I’ll post any and all errors encountered. Like I said, our backup is fully functional.

At Kickoff we were told that LabVIEW was the only program we could use, however the guy could’ve been mis-informed.

Also, Alan, the System restore is probably what you’re thinking of. Running through Control Panel, or F8 on startup, then restoring to a previous date. When we did this, all LabVIEW files were “there” but whether or not the data was actually there was more than likely a solid no.