Has anyone else had issues with getting programs to set output values of the digital sidecar?
Our team has tried the example SimpleRobotTemplate, as well as several other programs from last year, but none of them are able to set values on the sidecar. Our motor controllers show they are getting a deadband signal when enabled, but we are unable to send anything else to them.
We have tried a different cRIO, a different sidecar, a different digital module in the cRIO, as well as even switching to Java, and running the example programs from there as well. None of these produced any change.
We also tried going back through the installation guide, and redoing all the patches to make sure. This didn’t help either.
Has anyone else been able to change the outputs of the sidecar? If so, any other suggestions as to solutions for this issue?
EDIT: The bottom comment on this page has the solution, thank you to everyone who helped!
The project itself was generated with the newest installation of windriver, only the code is copied from last year. I opened a new example project after installing the IDE, then copied in the basic code sections from earlier this thread. Also, running the example SimpleRobotTemplate project from this year without any changes at all has the exact same result. All controllers show deadband signals, and no input change has any effect.
You need to reimage the cRIO with the V47 image that is supplied with the language distribution. If you run the 2013 Imaging tool, you should see last years image on your cRIO and the option to upgrade to V47. This will only work if you’ve installed the 2013 development tools and updates for the language you have selected in the Imaging Tool.