Unidentifiable Problem

Hey Everyone

Our Robot is having a serious problem, everything on Drivers Station is green but the robot is not moving. Sometimes when we enable “Autonomous” the wheels start to moves. I feel it might have something to do with the Crio, because when we Re-image it works and then stops working. Any advice or solutions would help :slight_smile:

Thanks

What are the lights on your motor controllers doing when you are telling the robot to move?

This is NOT my area of expertise at all, but if you could post your code or at least post what language you’re writing your code in so you have the greatest chance of someone helping you out.

The more information the better.

The lights are blinking orange

Blinking orange means you’re speed controllers are not getting a PWM signal. Check your connections between the Speed Controller and the Digital Sidecar and the connections between the Digital Sidecar and the Crio

We’re programming in Netbeans with Java, and we’re currently using a basic arcade drive program.

But when we enable autonomous the wheels are moving

When you enable Autonomous I can assume at that point the orange lights on your speed controller are no longer blinking?

Yes

Seems to me that something in your drive code isn’t working quite right. I’m sure others will have ideas as well, posting some of your code might help.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance.

Thanks any way

Check to make sure your joysticks are recognized by the driver station and in the USB 1 position.

Could you post your teleop code for us?

Ill post an image

package edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.templates;
import edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.SimpleRobot;
import edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.Joystick;
import edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.RobotDrive;

public class RobotTemplate extends SimpleRobot {
RobotDrive myDrive=new RobotDrive(1,2);
Joystick driveStick=new Joystick(1);

public void autonomous() {

}

public void operatorControl() {