University of Central Florida

Hey. I just want to see if there are any FIRST people who are going to go to UCF here. I’d like to find some that woudl be interested in joining a robotics club here at UCF. If you are, reply to this. :slight_smile: Thank you.

hmm i am only going to be a senior next year but after that UCF is my first choice so look for me in like a year from now and i will join

It’s not my first choice, personally I’m going after MIT and Purdue first… but if I can’t, then yes… I will be going to UCF almost definitly. They have a VERY nice school, they’ve done a great job wiring it up and moving into using computers with almost everything, they’ve got 2 thumbs up from me! :slight_smile:

If I don’t get into Worchester Polytech… I’ll prob. go to ucf

I might even go to ucf for bright futures

yeah good stuff

Im going to UCF next year. :smiley:

I’m down here…

If you guys are really interested in Robotics there will be a few interesting events happening soon in your area. Buzz (from the show robot rivals) and the builder of Moebius in battlebots has been working with UCF to make a “Robotics Educational Foundation” by the name of Davinci Robotics Educational Foundation. Hes a real cool guy and im sure you would all enjoy meeting him. Best thing to do would probably be to go to his website http://www.teamdavinci.com/ and emailing him. I know he has a “King of the Hill” type of competition planned for valentines (but the date may change as I told him it conflicted with the FIRST build season) in addition to some other things. Anyways, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

personally I’m going after MIT and Purdue first

I am in MIT right now. I’ve been here since late June. It’s an awesome school if you can get in. They get a lot of perks for being students and I think it was like 60% that are involved in some sort of research program throughout the year. I almost want to stay but I’m going back home August 1st :frowning:

Anyways, If you guys go to UCF and want to join or be involved in robotics clubs, email me at ETbitmydog@aol.com with Robotics in the subject line and I’ll forward your name to the people in the clubs so they can contact you so you can join. There are two that I know of right now. One is a club sponsored by IEEE in which they build a maze solver robot, and the other is a FIRST robotics club at a high school 4 minutes car ride away from UCF.

:slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Etbitmydog *
the other is a FIRST robotics club at a high school 4 minutes car ride away from UCF.

That’s The Crew, team 1083. I mentor that team. Our first meeting this season is coming up soon: July 27th. Let me know if you want directions or whatever. We’re going to be meeting throughout the fall for prototyping. Also, we’re co-hosting the Robot Rodeo in October, so we’ll be plenty busy with that.

*Originally posted by George1083 *
**Also, we’re co-hosting the Robot Rodeo in October, so we’ll be plenty busy with that. **

Sorry to get off topic, but do you know when that event is going to be held?

Yes!

It is going to be October 25th at University High School in Orlando

More details to come

*Originally posted by Nathan Pell *
**Yes!

It is going to be October 25th at University High School in Orlando

More details to come **

I know I’m helping side-track this conversation… but do you guys need help in setting up/planning/etc. for the competition? I’d love to help.

I second mikes proposal… err uhh … Yeah I’d like to help also :slight_smile:

With anything possible just pm or email me

Dan

Yes, we can use help!

We are meeting this Sunday to go over everything, and make a project outline of what needs to be done. I will go ahead and add a “stile” for volunteers, and post it.

Thanks again!
Nathan Pell

Hey Nathan i am willing to help maybe we should make a seperate thread for this but i will be there to help