Denver’s East High School, home of team 1339, is thrilled that we are undergoing a large expansion of our pre-engineering and robotics program for the 2015-2016 school year. We are currently renovating space that will house two classrooms, a variety of equipment (plasma, waterjet, etc.), and a 1/2-size FRC playing field. This is not an official notification of a position, as I am not the final arbiter, and the process of hiring hasn’t officially begun yet. Nevertheless, I wanted to get the word out through one of my best resources, the CD community, that we will soon be hiring a full-time teacher to augment the program. Here is what we are looking for:
- A licensed teacher, preferably holding a Colorado license, or able to quickly get one.
- Credentialing in CTE or a STEM field.
- We teach the PLTW curriculum, and need a teacher able to teach IED, DE, and AE (or able to take the summer training to teach these courses)
- Familiarity with FIRST, especially FRC.
- Willingness to act as a coach of team 1339. FRC is treated similarly to varsity sports at our school.
- Eager to work in a large, diverse, center-city school environment.
If this describes you or someone you know, please PM me and let me know if you are interested, so that I may help with the process. Thanks for helping us grow, Chief Delphi Community!