Update 14

is up! Yay! Now the answers to all our questions…
http://www2.usfirst.org/2003comp/tmup14.pdf
edit/

What! Where are the answers!
Why is it not chock full of information?

end edit/

Anyone know if this means entire control system? Or just the OI? Because it would be great if we could stop working on controls and just focus on the bot.

Even though it’s getting close to the ship date, it’d be nice if they could post an inspection sheet for us BEFORE we ship off our bots…

Where are the answers we were promised?

You do have an inspection sheet.
It is complied in detail in the rules and updates.

Follow those, and you shall pass inspection.

Wetzel

Next challenge, washing my hands.
/me exhibits shifty eyes

yah…that was pretty worthless as far as the updates go

*Originally posted by volleygrrl234 *
**yah…that was pretty worthless as far as the updates go **

To some. To others, it’s gold. Some teams may of not followed some of the rules, so it gives them time to change it…

*Originally posted by pauluffel *
**Anyone know if this means entire control system? Or just the OI? Because it would be great if we could stop working on controls and just focus on the bot. **

We, too are very curious about this. Our control panel is rather messy-looking and we would love to be able to redo it.
When I first looked at the update, my first thought was that we would be able to keep the whole thing. However, after sharing it with my team, one of the adults expressed his opinion that it meant only the actual OI piece, but that it might be ambiguous enough to push.

I don’t know about the rest of you but it will help my team alot.

Also if they waited till they could add more to the update it would be worthless because ship date is comming up real soon.