updated scoreboard of dallas regional

do anyone have an updated scoreboard of dallas?
the blue alliance one only puts question marks like the matches didnt start yet.

You’re going to have to ask somebody who was there - the FRC API has been broken all day, nobody has been able to get any match info at all, making TBA, Spyder, etc all without data.

You can check this results site (http://frc-events.usfirst.org/), some events have been able to get rankings up throughout the day. The may or may not be up to date, though.

Hopefully all of these data issues will be resolved soon

Welcome to week one.

Rankings read off by the announcer at the end of the day:

1. 987 101.5 avg
  2. 148 81.4 avg
  3. 118 77.2 avg
  4. 1477 76 avg
  5. 4300 (only gave the top 4 averages)
  6. 4499
  7. 2950
  8. 647
  9. 704
  10. 457
  11. 3350
  12. 5431

The FMS that sends info to FRC spyder and TBA isn’t working. At least for northern lights and lake Superior regionals. Nothing has been updated in at least 1 and a half hours. Probably more.

Thats much lower than I expected , I thought for sure Dallas would be at 120 for the top alliance. Disappointing.
Oh well see what overnight adjustments do. Congrats Las Vegas!

It’s sad that this has been a common theme for so many years. I guess this is what happens when you only get your server online a few days before events start. That’s not enough time to load test it or fix the inevitable bugs.

Definitely disappointed. I hope it picks up tomorrow (it likely will at least a bit IME).
Rankings are here: http://frc-events.usfirst.org/2015/TXDA/rankings
However, it’s nice that the gap between really good and just good teams isn’t incredibly high. I want to see some video of those matches to see how the actual event is working out.

What’s even more frustrating is the fact that there has been almost zero communication all day about the problems, or an estimated fix timeframe. All we’ve heard is a post of TeamForge saying they’re working on it at 10 AM. I get they’re busy with competitions and all, but a “hey, our database melted, but it should be back up tomorrow” isn’t that time consuming.

Hopefully they get everything ironed out quickly; I think I’d prefer the old HTML pages to a buggy API.

In multiple matches even the top teams listed at Dallas did not go for coop pts (in some cases they did try for them but the other alliance did not contribute) which could lift those average scores by a fair amount.

Co-op points are huge for the northern lights regional. Most(a lot) of qualification matches there would be a robot from each alliance going for co-op.

My fear is that no news is bad news. If they knew how to fix the problem and how long it would take, they’d probably let us know on TeamForge.

Maybe they can just push the results to Spyder or TBA directly, we both know how to handle the load :wink:

That’s probably the unfortunate truth. My guess is that caching was lacking and couldn’t handle all the load - some of the endpoints get really specific with lots of parameters. I can see that being difficult to cache properly, especially when the data is updating rapidly.

We should also get Chezy Arena to replace FMS and get a nice, full stack, open source solution.

TBA also has an authenticated push API built, which allows a field system to post results in realtime, just sayin’ (nudge, nudge :wink: )

Yeah, I mean if things were even “sort of ok” rather than “equipment caught fire” they could release a CSV or something like the output of “mysqldump”.

I know it’s frustrating, but I also know firsthand they’ve been very busy fixing issues that were blocking match running. We’re just going to need to be patient-be assured that they know there’s an issue and will work on it at the appropriate priority.

thats what i was looking for actually.
thanks

Updates from FIRST this morning:

Hi Dave,

I understand your frustration. We are working to resolve the issues with the API, but also must focus on supporting the
events at the same time.

The issue we are working through involves the data sync between the local computers at the events and our Azure database
which is the data source for the event web pages and the API.

Regards,
-Matt

…So I would guess we’re not getting data this weekend

Hi Dave,

I understand your frustration. We are working to resolve the issues with the API, but also must focus on supporting the
events at the same time.

The issue we are working through involves the data sync between the local computers at the events and our Azure database
which is the data source for the event web pages and the API.

Regards,
-Matt

I don’t get how a data sync issue between events and Azure causes the timeouts/500 errors we’re seeing. If there is an issue with data sync, wouldn’t the data served by the API just be stale? :confused:

I hope the data is being safely archived in the local computers, and not lost forever (like the Twitter data in previous years).

It would explain why some events have updated rankings, but not matches. It wouldn’t explain the massive timeouts & 500 errors. They should be serving empty data. Unless they shut it down today because there were sync problems that only showed up when the DB was under a massive reading load. All speculation.

Until then I’ll just reply to all the 1 star ratings for Spyder with a boilerplate “FIRST screwed this up, not us” message.