Using a switch with a victor

I know that the CIM motors must be attached to a victor we want to turn the motor on to a constant speed with a switch instead of using a joystick. I know we did it several years ago by changing the code but it was with the old controller that used BASIC. Can’t remember how we did it any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

have an if statement in code that is something like:

if(p1_sw_trig == 1)
{
pwm04 = 255;
}
else
{
pwm04 = 127;
}

and then it will be on full speed or at neutral and still going through a victor

Try something like this:

if(switch = open){
  if(motor speed < 255){
    motor speed += User_Acceleration;
  }
  if(switch = cosed){
    if(motor speed > 127){
      motor speed -= User_Acceleration;
    }
  }
}

Obviously this isn’t copy and paste code, but I think you can figure it out from here. You want to increment the motor speed so that you don’t add extra wear and tear on your gear/transmission box. If you want to reverse the motor, you need to add another conditional under each main condition.

Good luck.

Props to Drew Shapiro (huge white kid with a 'fro) for comming up with this scheme. - He doesn’t like it when I steal his code.

Try something like this:

pwm01 = 127 + (p1_sw_trig127) - (p1_sw_top127);

That way, if p1_sw_trig is pressed, the motor will be full forward (254). If p1_sw_top is pressed, it will go full reverse (0). If by mistake you press both buttons, nothing happens - safe!

Gotta love one liners :wink: