Using Joystick Buttons in Labview

So our team has managed to effectively program the joystick axis to work properly but we aren’t exactly sure on how to program the buttons to activate a motor. We are hoping to be able to have an on/off like button and another one that gives us control of a motor when previously the motor was automatic. Help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely- team 3696

Ignore for now the fact that you don’t think you know how to do it, and pretend it’s magically working. What exactly do you want to do to the joystick button, and what exactly do you want the motors to do? Be as detailed and specific as you can, and we can give you the help you need to make it work.

Make a little test program using Joystick Get. Right click on the Buttons output terminal and select Create Indicator. Now you have a front panel object that will tell you which button you are pushing. The button outputs are all Booleans that are True if a button is being pressed and False if not. I’m sure you can work everything out from there…

I have installed labview 2013 , I don’t have Get joystick function in my palette , please what can i do ??

Have you installed the FRC version of Labview?
Normally, you have the get joysticks this way:
WPI Robotics library -> Robot Drive -> Joysticks