I would normally take a little more time to try to figure this out myself but the Stop Build day is looming and our team’s to-do list is ponderous.
I have read over all of the posts on this subject but I still haven’t quite seen what I need. We have a simple vision processing procedure using opencv library on an rPi-III. It is written in C++. The VP procedures produce 2 values that we need to get over to the RoboRio (Java).
Forgive my naivete but I had thought this would be a “simple” matter of:
On rPi side:
- Obtain a pointer or handle to the network table
- Inserting the 2 addition “key-value” pair definitions.
- when data is ready, call some procedure that provides the desired key and writes the required value to that key.
Then on the RoboRio side:
- Also obtain some handle or reference to the network table
- Knowing the key strings, call a procedure that specifies the string and recovers its current value.
How badly am I off?
Does there exist and C++ example code for the rPi side? Likewise, some Java example code for the RoboRio side?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.