UTC Scrimmage Info?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find information on the UTC Scrimmage. I was hoping to get a hold of a team list and maybe some contact info.

Thanx,
Andy Grady

Andy (and Fellow FIRSTers)

Here is the latest from the folks at Aces High regarding the UTC Scrimmage. Copied and pasted directly from their email to all the Team Contacts.

Hello FIRST teams,

Great News: We have a firm commitment from FIRST for the playing field. Please bring balls marked with your team # to the Scrimmage as these will not be provided. This is a great opportunity for FIRST to try out their field and software and for us to try out our robots. We will do our best to adhere to some kind of schedule but as this is a prove-out event your patience is appreciated.

Please remember the event is scheduled for February 21st at the NEW Suffield H.S. on Sheldon Street in Suffield, CT. This is the same location as last year but different from 2 years ago. We are planning on the event running from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be practice rounds in the morning followed by matches starting around 1:00 p.m.

Please feel free to come even if your robot is not fully functional. It is an opportunity to see what works, what doesn’t, etc and teams will be welcome with or without their robot. Please provide me with an approximate count of individuals coming so I can try to coordinate the concession stand. There will be Krispy Kreme donuts in the morning and pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, soda and other snack items available.

The following teams are currently scheduled to attend:

Team 96
Lego Maniacs

Team 173
UTRC EH Rage

Team 176
Aces High

Team 178
Otis 2nd Law Enforcers

Team 181
PWA Birds of Prey

Team 190
WPI

Team 195
J&J Cyberknights

Team 228
GUS

Team 230
Sikorsky Gaelhawks

Team 236
Dominion Nuclear

Team 546
UTC/Sikorsky UNITED

Team 571
Otis Paragon

Team 782
Uhart/Watkinson KiloWatts

Team 839
Rosie Robotics

Team 1027
Mechatronic Maniacs

Team 1071
Max

Team 1099
NASA GoFastRobots

Team 1124
Avon HS Cheetahs

Team 1373
UCONN/Storrs

Team 1409
Lego and Simon’s Rock

If I missed anyone or didn’t get your team name correct, please let me know. As I have blown my $500 budget for the event – donations will be accepted to help defray costs. We need to provide two trucks to pick up the field, pay for police Explorer and ambulance coverage as well as the DJ and MC for this event. I believe it will be a helpful event for all of us. Thanks again and I’ll probably do one more quick update before the event.

Regards,

Leslie Marx

Team 176 Aces High Scrimmage Coordinator

Wooooo-Hoooo!!! in just over 24 hours the practicen time will kickoff!!! Cant wait Cant wiat cant wait. I love going to the scrimmage to see what the game will be like as well as the other robots, not to metnion work on strategy. The UTC scrmmage is one of the best pre-season comps their is in my oppinion with all the great robots that show. Oh man I am so excited anway lucky us we get to leave at 6 (yes I know others our leaving early but come on it is a Saturday!!!) but it is definately worth it!

P.S. Team 521 L33T CREW has also been added to the roster and apporved for competition for tomorrow. Just to let you know come on over and check out or bot see what we are up to this year ( are same old shinanigans)

Just wondering, does anyone know whether or not this years scoring system will work with last years controller? My team is scheduled to compete at the scrimmage but unfortunately due to some issues we can only field a practice bot with last years controller at best.

Anyhow, I’m looking forward to the Scrimmage. It was probably one of the best events that I went to last year…period, pre through post season! Also make sure you come up and say hi as I will be dawning my usual position behind the mighty microphone. See ya there!

Good Luck,
Andy Grady

Don’t quote me on this but I believe that they are backwards compatiable.

I was wonder however if they will be a taped digitzed version on the web like there was last year.

Andy-
I just talked to the guy who developed the field control software, and the answer is it theoretically should; but it is not recomended since the newest RC has different software switches than last year’s model.

Also, add team #177 to the list, just got off the phone with them and they are planning to attend…

see ya’ll tomorow!

Tom Schindler

Tom,

Would that be my good buddy Rick from WPI that you talked to? Do you know if he will be attending tommorow? Also, whats the line on my South Windsor buddies showing up with a modified version of the 2001/2003 robot tommorow :wink:

i love scrimmages! can’t wait to see what all the other teams have cooked up. we will, of course, be vigorously defending our title…(if you could call it that.)

One thing I have to give everyone at the scrimmage credit for…you guys are absolutely brutal! Last years competition was so physical, that teams were sending their brand spankin new robots back to the shop in pieces before the first regional ever even started! I remember calling the match just stunned because you UTC people really don’t hold anything back at this thing. It was great to be a part of what has become such a wonderful tradition over the years.

Good Luck!
-Andy Grady

Here’s the latest list of teams that are going that I could find

Team 96
Lego Maniacs

Team 126
Gael Force

Team 155
Stanley

Team 173
UTRC EH Rage

Team 175
Buzz

Team 176
Aces High

Team 177
UTC Fuel Cells SW “Bobcats”

Team 178
UTC Otis/ebmpapst/GE Enforcers

Team 181
PWA Birds of Prey

Team 190
WPI

Team 195
Medex/Southington High School/Cyberknights

Team 228
GUS

Team 230
Sikorsky Gaelhawks

Team 236
Dominion Nuclear

Team 521
Dominion Millstone L33t Crew

Team 571
Otis Paragon

Team 716
Who’sCTEKS

Team 782
Uhart/Watkinson KiloWatts

Team 809
Emhart Glass and Cheney Tech TechnoWizards

Team 839
Rosie Robotics

Team 1027
Mechatronic Maniacs

Team 1071
Max

Team 1099
NASA GoFastRobots

Team 1124
Avon HS Cheetahs

Team 1373
UCONN/Storrs

Team 1409
Lego and Simon’s Rock

Yep-- Rick will be there tomorow…

Not sure about the bobcats yet, i’ll find out tonight when i waltz into their shop with my digital camera in hand :slight_smile:

Tom

96 will definatly be there, but whether our robot will be working or not is a different matter (stupid programming. I’d have our programmer shot if he wasn’t me)

1027 (west springfield) is also a little behind in the working robot situation, but I think they’ll be there (we share a playing field, and some other resources, so we are in constant communication. I’m talking speed-dial here).

Well, I can’t wait to see you all there!!!

Hey Andy, I may see you tommorrow depending on the weather.

A certain female acquaintance of ours <cough> JESS <cough> wants me to go and video tape some matches and see the general strategy…

Maybe I will see you there…

Unfortunatly, despite our all-nighter, it looks like 190’s robot won’t be able to make it. Our robot can damage itself in too many ways right now, and we would much rather take the time needed to get it up and running safely than rushing to make the scrimmage.

Our travel team will be there however, and we look forward to seeing all the other robots.