Headed to Brigham Young University, the University of Utah, or Utah Valley University in the fall? Want to stay involved in FIRST after high school or an LDS mission? Come join us for an info session on May 8th at 7pm on BYU campus or on September 4th at 7pm on BYU campus. For those not able to attend in person, it will be streamed online. Please RSVP by filling out this online form.
The Provotypes will be attending the Houston championship, and I will also be at the Detroit championship. We’d love to meet in person if you’re also going to be there.
We’d love your help with:
- Mentoring our flagship program, the Provotypes.
- Putting on summer and fall workshops for FRC teams in the Utah Valley and Salt Lake areas.
- Our various community outreach events and fundraising efforts.
- Starting two new FRC teams for the 2020 season in neighboring school districts.
- Mentoring one of several FTC teams in the area.
- Starting 1678-inspired RoboCamps for the summer of 2019.
- Investigating creating a local Makerspace.
- Get to work with some of the most intelligent and gracious high school and middle school students you’ll ever meet. Seriously, they’re awesome!
- Practical application of theory from the classroom (for both STEM and non-STEM majors).
- Flexible schedule - we understand the pressures of exams and projects. Your studies come first.
- Network with industry experts. Some of our sponsors have summer internship programs; mentorship makes you far more eligible for them.
- Associate with other passionate FIRST alumni who study biophysics, civil engineering, communications, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, and mechanical engineering. Collectively, we hold 9 blue banners from our high school days, if you’re into that sort of thing.
The Utah Valley STEM Foundation (UVSTEM) is a 501c3 organization. One of our major goals is to put an FTC or FRC team in each high school in Utah Valley and the state. The nonprofit was founded in August of 2017 by FIRST alumni at BYU.