Vehicle rentals

At the present time I have more students than I have available seats in a vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas on renting a large van? I’ve checked all the local rental companies and no luck. I need 8 additional seats besides the driver and the van I have access to only seats the driver plus 6. We are from SD and are traveling to the Midwest Regional in Chicago. I realize I could simply go with another vehicle but I only have myself and one other adult chaperon and would prefer everyone in the same vehicle.

I know down in Ft. Lauderdale the rental car places by the airport have like 14 person passanger vans. When i was on 710 those are the ones we used to rent. If you have a major airport around you, thats were i would check.

Check with your school district first, though.

In South Carolina, it’s illegal to transport K-12 students in a 15-passenger van (Ford E-series, Chevy Express, etc.). (This was after a student was killed in a wreck involving a private school’s van years ago.)

However, I’m not sure if that rule applies for other states bringing their students here (such as a slew of high school robotics kids coming to Columbia for Palmetto).

It is getting very difficult to find and rent vans bigger than 8 passenger.
Insurance issues because of some major accidents, as indicated above.

When you can find a 15 passenger, they are usually 3x the cost of an 8,
so it is cheaper to get 2 smaller ones, anyway.

If you still want big, try Ace Renta A Car, Enterprise, or Budget Truck Rental.

they can run, after all those nonhealthy eating suring build season it should be nice to actually do some exercise other than drill 1000000 holes in one night. is there a reason you cant have more drivers?