"vertran" teams not getting the new driver stations?!?!

When we signed up for our kit of parts, we were under the impression that we were only not going to get a new cRio, however, after reading here:
http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/Community/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2010_Assets/2010%20Kit%20Variations%20-%20write%20up.pdf
it appears as though we are not getting the new classmates aswell!

does anybody know anymore information asbout this?!

EDIT: misread the line, it is speaking of the comm for the robots, not the driver station

Where on that list does it say you’re not getting a Classmate?

It says you are not getting a Radio for the Driver’s station and 2010 radio configuration is to be determined. There is no mention of the classmate, I would assume you get one. I beleive that is what Bill said in his blog.

I’m with Chris. It’s not on the list, because in the text at the bottom it states that the 2009 drivers station won’t be used in 2010.

Now, the radio connection is another thing. That’s still under review, so who knows.

If there was an item both rookies and veterans needed, and the veterans didn’t already have it, and the rookies got it and the veterans didn’t, FIRST would hear about that very loudly and very clearly. They know this. Therefore, they won’t do anything of the sort.

well, we don’t “need” the classmates, the current driverstations are compatable, as the cRio isnt changin, so we could use them again…and i’ve used the classmates, they’re 100% compatable with this system now, meaning teh blue driver stations may be able to work for 2010

having said that, i did mis-read, my b…i only read the “DRiver station” and no the “radio” part, and that makes sense, because, at River Rage, we were told that we can use the Classmate’s internal wi-fi to connect to the robot

The blue DSes won’t be used for 2010, it’s been stated repeatedly.

having said that, i did mis-read, my b…i only read the “DRiver station” and no the “radio” part, and that makes sense, because, at River Rage, we were told that we can use the Classmate’s internal wi-fi to connect to the robot

Makes sense.

yeah…i need to learn to read, the same list posted here:
http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/Community/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2010_Assets/2010%20Kit%20Variations%20-%20write%20up.pdf
states that all teams get a classmate