VEX Robotics Engineering Operations Position

I have an excellent opportunity on my VEX Robotics Operations team for someone who has a very high attention to detail, can work both independently or on a team, has some technical aptitude and a great work ethic, and would like to start a bright future here at VEX. My department handles everything between the formal product design and the launch of the product for sale, including purchasing, supply chain and sourcing help, components ordering, shipment logistics, manufacturing & production help, warehousing and inventory assistance, and general data maintenance. We sometimes have to wear a few hats over here to make sure the job gets done, but it’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to enjoy what they do, seeks instant gratification, and likes a fast-paced working environment. VEX is growing rapidly and my team is expanding, and I’d love for you to join!

Right now I’m putting out a loose call for interest, as we’re still defining the exact parameters of what this position will entail and how I may split responsibilities among other members of my team. While not required, VRC and/or FRC experience is definitely helpful. This position would likely be best for someone that’s interested a wide range of knowledge about business operations; an engineering degree isn’t mandatory but pretty healthy knowledge of Excel and the capability to learn new software are required.

Innovation First & VEX Robotics offer great benefits and a fun working environment - sometimes including paper airplanes, foam darts, or ping pong balls flying overhead, or spiders, bugs, and mice at your feet. Sometimes, a dinosaur or an alligator appear. I just try to keep up. :yikes:

If you’re interested, please send me an email at amanda[at]vex[dot]com.

Best,
Amanda