VH1's Most Awesomely Bad Songs List - What a joke.

1   Starship - We Built This City
 2   Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
 3   Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
 4   Limp Bizkit - Rollin (Urban Assault Vehicle)
 5   Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
 6   Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
 7   Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
 8   Ricky Martin - She Bangs
 9   Bobby Mcferrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy
10   Huey Lewis And The News - The Heart of Rock & Roll
11   Gerardo - Rico Suave
12   New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
13   Aqua - Barbie Girl
14   Will Smith - Will2K
15   Crash Test Dummies - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm
16   Europe - The Final Countdown
17   Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
18   MC Hammer - Pumps and a Bump
19   Chicago - You're The Inspiration
20   Toby Keith - Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue
21   The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You (FRIENDS TV Show Theme)
22   Lionel Ritchie - Dancing On The Ceiling
23   Sisqo - Thong Song
24   Phil Collins - Sussudio
25   Michael Jackson - You Rock My World
26   Bryan Adams - The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You
27   Wrekx and Effect - Rump Shaker
28   Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
29   Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
30   Nelly - Pimp Juice
31   R. Kelly - You Remind Me 0f Something
32   Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
33   Jenny Lopez - Jenny From The Block
34   Crazytown - Butterfly
35   Don Johnson - Heartbeat
36   Color Me Badd - Sex Me Up
37   Bette Midler - From A Distance
38   Ja Rule - Mezmerize
39   Snow - Informer
40   4 Non Blondes - What's Going on
41   JC Chazez - Some Girls Dance With Women
42   RedNex - Cotton Eyed Joe
43   Master P - Make Em Say Ugh
44   Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
45   Ruben Studdard - Sorry (2004)
46   Spin Doctors - Two Princes
47   Bobby Brown & Whitney Houston - Something in Common
48   Michael Bolton - Can I Touch You There
49   Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missing You
50   Corey Hart - I Wear My Sunglasses At Night

Scroll down to see all 50!

Ok, I finally got the list to display right… Hopefully.
Thanks Eddie McD for the help! :slight_smile:

So, this is the list that VH1 and Blender magazine gave for the “Top 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs”

Do you think any of these should be removed from the list?
If you want to just reference the song by the number on the list that’s ok.

Any songs you think should be added to the Most Awesomely Bad list??

Ok, so the songs I think they should get off the “bad” list are songs number:

1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 32, 34, 36, 39, 40, 42, 44, 46, & 50

These are the songs that I think are good.
I’m not saying they are my favorite songs of all time, but they do not deserve to be on the “Bad” list in my opinion.

There are far more deserving songs that could be on the “Bad” list like:
Hanson - MMBopp
Alanis Morrisette - Ironic
Some Spice Girls song - yeah that’s right, I only said Some of their songs…
Any Jessica Simpson Song
Any Ja Rule Song, yeah I agree with them on that one - A lot of rap songs belong on there in my opinion as a matter of fact.
Eminem? Where he at on the Bad List??
Definately The Macerena should have been on there and not Cotton Eyed Joe.

I’ll think of some more later… I’m sure of it. :smiley:

I don’t believe #20 belongs on there either.

It’s funny how every time someone does a list the songs you think would do well wind up near the bottom and the ones you thought would do worse wind up near the top. The local classic rock station (I95) did a 500 song memorial day countdown and the songs you thought would do better wound up being in the first part of the count down.

Before anyone gets too upset about the list, they should actually watch the show, because they do commentary on why the song should be on there. I think they missed the sarcasm of number 13 and 17, if you take them as straight songs, of course they’re dumb… And I’ve always really liked numbers 15, 40, and 46. I guess this just shows that everyone is allowed to have some awesomely bad taste every now and again… :smiley:

For bad lyrics alone, these two songs should have been on the list: I didn’t know I Could Lose You by Rodney Crowell (it was a country hit), the lyrics in question being “rain falls down on my parade like water” and Sugar Walls by Sheena Easton (80s hit for those too young to remember), bad lyrics, well, all of them are bad, but especially “blood races to your private spots”

Heidi

<==========>
#30, Pimp Juice? Hmmm…

Now I’m mad. NO MEATLOAF SONG IS BAD!! Yay for Meatloaf! No one appearing in RHPS movie production should be on the worst-100 whatever list for anything! Rahh! I don’t like #20. I’m glad it’s there :slight_smile: thinks of that Southpark episode where they build the ladder to heaven puts on some Vanilla Ice

I didn’t pick that for my keepers list, not because it’s not good.
I just don’t like country music that much, and I can honestly say I never heard that song before the countdown.

Side Note: This song is actually one of the most widely discussed songs on VH1’s website forums concerning the countdown as well. Lots of Supporters for that song, and a lot of people who are sick of the amount of threads on this one song. :rolleyes:

And as Heidi said, a lot of the commentary was funny about the particular songs. But just because you can write a joke about a song, doesn’t mean that it should be on a “bad” list.

One of the jokes was about the #22 song - Lionel Ritchie’s Dancing On The Ceiling.
It was a comment like, What Rhymes with feelings? Kneeling, no that’s not good. Tealing, no that’s not a word. Ceiling? Yes, that will work.
Good Joke? Sure… Maybe… But I still like the song.

That one song by whats her name that they overplayed a billion times when “Titanic” came out…that should be in the top 5.

How could you put Gerardo on that list?! He’s a pimp :stuck_out_tongue: I remember the first time I saw that video. It was on Beavis & Butt-Head years ago.

Gerardo?!!?! Auugghh! Dave says “that’s NOT pimp!!”

-dave

OK. I think I can probably count on one hand the songs I actually recognize by name. Let’s see…

Pointer: Achy Breaky Heart (I recognize the title, anyway. I’m not sure I would recognize the song itself, though.)
Tall Man: She Bangs
Ring Man: Don’t Worry, Be Happy (This one doesn’t deserve to be on the list. :])
Pinkie: I’m Too Sexy
Thumbkin: Cotton Eyed Joe (Thanks to FIRST.)

Well, I thought I had done it, but then I realized that “Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm” must be that “song” some car company used in a commercial.

So, of those six, besides “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” I would pull “Cotton Eyed Joe” off the list.

Here ya go.

I didn’t post this link originally because the list is wrong on the vh1 site… figures huh?

VH1’s officially bad site of their 50 most bad songs.

You can listen to some clips form the songs I mentioned there, to see if you recognize any of them.

#44 doesnt belong on the list
and gwross…cotton eyed joe is awesome…so yeah, 42 DEFINITELY should not be on the list

You might be thinking of “Da Da Da”, a completely different awesomely bad song that surprisingly wasn’t listed.

But no matter whether you agree or disagree with VH1, this show is one of their better countdowns, so I suggest you catch it (apparently the next time is Saturday 6/5 at 9pm)!

Well, depending on how you define bad (and believe me, I know bad songs. Anybody remember my infamous playlist?), these songs are good: 4, 6, 8, 9 (but only if Dr. Zoidberg sings it), 21, 34, & 44. In reference to Cotton Eyed Joe: it’s only good at a FIRST event (same goes for The Macarena).

And am I the only one who likes the Friends theme (even though the show inhaled audibly after season three)? Alright, it’s probably the ultimate one-hit wonder, but still…

Whatever song it was in 2002 that they played at Championships over and over that had some nasty sounding, high pitched girls going: “Na na na… na na na na na na…” ARGHH!

Sorry… I can’t “name that tune”. You’ll have to be a little more specific.

Maybe it was the Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup? That’s the first thing I could think of in that time frame with high pitched girls and the “na na na” thing.

See if this is it HERE.

And btw, I think this is a cool song… :smiley:

I’m suprised that some of the local bands in my town weren’t put on the list, oh wait they aren’t awsome, they are just bad.

Hmm… considering I got the “Rollin (Urban Assault Vehicle)” (editted) song for IRI… I think it’s pretty good. Sounds cool at least.

Or it could be ATC- Around The World, and if we’re thinking of the same song, I hear ya, man. :ahh:

OK, “Barbie Girl” is an awesome song. It’s supposed to make a statement. (There’s even a disclaimer on the CD that says something like “Aqua has no affiliation with Matel Toys; the use of the word ‘Barbie’ is simply meant as a social statement.” :D)

“We Didn’t Start the Fire” is an awesome song. And “I’ll Be Missing You” is actually remix of a really interesting song. So I think it’s kind of silly to put a remix on there, unless they’re pointing out the fact that he destroyed the original song. (The original was all about stalking- “Every step you take, I’ll be watching you” etc. Creepy but at least interesting. Puff Daddy then rewrote some of the lyrics to make it about missing someone who has died and how they’ll be watching over you.)

And HOW in the world can you put Cotton Eyed Joe on there? It’s a dance song! If you’re going to mock dance songs, how about “The Electric Slide”?!

Am I the only one who thinks Crazytown’s Butterfly has an great and clean bass line? Its rhythmic, and I crank the speakers all the way up everytime the bridge comes on. Granted, the video is rather tasteless, but putting that song on that countdown is a big >:O.