Vibration Isolation Mounts

In the pneumatics manual it says to use vibration isolation mounts for the air compressor. Where can we find some that are compatible with the KOP air compressor?

McMaster-Carr has them!

:smiley:

My team mounted it on top of some of the IFI wheel tire tread. That (and Loctite, gosh darn the stuff) made it work.

The isolation mounts are provided to cut down on noise, they do not effect the operation of the compressor.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with performance or legality of mounting the compressor upside down?

Super,
The only issue would be heat. As the compressor does it’s thing, the head gets hot. Upside down the heat from the head would rise into the body of the compressor. A fan might help. Do not use the vibration isolators that came with the pump though. They are designed for compression and I have seen them fail when used in other orientations. You can purchase other types as linked above or you can hard mount the pump. it will still vibrate and will make more noise as the vibration is transferred into the robot frame. You could also hard mount it on a small plate and then isolate the plate from the frame of the robot to quench vibration noise.

Upside-down? I don’t know the meaning of that word/phrase!
(I Don’t know of any reason why it should or would affect the performance. To the best of my knowledge there is no rule regarding orientation; but I don’t know for sure because I can’t find that rule.:D)

The KOP compressors have been proven to work just fine in Australia. So I don’t think there will be a problem.

-dave

We do have an old one that works a bit funny, though…

Dave,
Add Chile and Brazil to that list. Of course the air in the tubing spins counter clockwise.