Video: Cyber Blue 234 Late Night Programming Video

Here is a video that we made on Sunday night. Late Sunday night. Nothing/anyone was harmed in the making. Anything can be funny after midnight. Right at the start of the video, you’ll see Chris Fultz’s expression(a well known person on these forums) and at the end you’ll see Scott Ritchie. Both of these men were Unsung FIRST Heros on ChiefDelphi at one point or another. Enjoy the video. :]

Video in Windows Media

Video in Quicktime

Just so you know, none of this is staged and no sound effects were added. Someone was playing with the camera and filming when the robot took off in reverse and took out the table, laptop, control board, and my wallet. This was one of the funniest moments of the year.

Ha nice, we had the same crap with our robot…
Our programmer made the robot go full throttle forwards not realizing 2 things…

1. The robot was backwards facing the cart with the OI on it…
  2. The robot would run as soon as he disconnected the tether…
    Basically the robot blasted the cart out of the way, went flying forward with me and him chasing it, then hit an open door (it bent the hinges and now the door won’t close)…
    Yay for programming mishaps :slight_smile:

Robot programming is funny. I really like the camera; it adds a “personality” to the robot. I was wearing a bright red shirt and it looked at me and started “checking me out” scanning me up and down. LOL Also, when we were trying to get the vision tetra, the robot would look at it, start to drive toward it, and then pull a full throttle U-turn and run away. It was like it was afraid of the green vision tetra.

Ha, when we started using our vision system the camera would literally run away from the green. Turned out inverse tracking was on :confused:

There is no such thing as a programming mistake, just undocumented features.

And mechanical errors :wink: