Video on the classmate

Still working on getting the camera video to show up on the dashboard. Its connected to the CRIO port 2 with a crossover cable. We reset the camera to its default configuration, connected directly to a laptop with a crossover cable and added the FRC, FRC (user, pw) account. Next we added the code to get the camera instance to our code:

AxisCamera &camera = AxisCamera::GetInstance();
camera.WriteResolution(AxisCamera::kResolution_320 x240);

This should startup a process in the cRIO right? I think I saw one called NiVision, or something like. What port does it listen on? I want to see if the process is running and if its listening.

Also, I see how the camera can be connected directly to the DLINK bridge, with its address set to say 10.x.x.11. If its at that address, how do you tell the dashboard to get images from that IP instead of from the video server process in the CRIO? (10.x.x.2) Is that a parameter in the DriverStation.config ? Of cource the CRIO can’t process images in this case, but I might hook it up that way just to see if it works.

Thanks,
Brian

I don’t have any answers yet, sorry, but I have some questions.

You have an Axis 206 camera, right?
What color is the ring around the camera lens?
How do you have the camera powered?
Is it mounted in a way that won’t accidentally press the camera’s reset button?

The default dashboard doesn’t support displaying images from the camera directly. You would have to modify the dashboard source.

Q. You have an Axis 206 camera, right?
A. Yes, sorry, should have mentioned that.

Q.What color is the ring around the camera lens?
A. The ring around the camera is blinking green. I’ll look closely tonight to see if there is any red in it.

Q. How do you have the camera powered?
A. Plugged into the power distribution board 5V output.

Q. Is it mounted in a way that won’t accidentally press the camera’s reset button?
A.Its mounted on a piece of Lexan. The reset button is under lexan, but it looks like its recessed enough not to be getting pressed. I’ll check it though.

Thanks,
Brian

A blinking green light (how fast is it blinking?) and being mounted against a flat surface both point to the reset button as a likely culprit. As a first check, remove the camera from the Lexan and see if anything starts working.

I believe it was the mounting. We removed it, set it up again and then got video on the classmate. We then cut out the plate it was mounted on.

Thanks,
Brian