"Waiting for cRIO to reboot" forever

So, last time tried to load code onto the robot the Netbeans output got stuck at the “Waiting for cRIO to reboot” part. here is some output:

Sending local file image.suite
run:
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (1s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (2s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (3s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (4s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (5s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (6s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (7s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (8s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (9s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (10s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (11s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (12s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (13s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (14s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (15s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (16s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (17s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (18s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (19s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (20s)
   Waiting for cRIO to reboot (21s)

It never stops “Waiting for cRIO to reboot”. This obvisuly makes it impossible to see the output from the cRIO. I’d really like to see the output in netbeans for debugging purposes.

things I tried:
Rebooting the cRIO
Reimaging the cRIO
Restarting netbeans

btw, someone else’s laptop downloaded code to the same robot without the issue.

I looked around the CD forums here and it seems that I am the only one with this issue. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

You could always use the NetConsole, at least until you find a solution. We had an issue like this once, and it had to do with the subnet mask. We ended up just re-imaging the code computer though…

Edit: Though, if you use the NetConsole, you might have to end the deploy program first.

A quick use of the search (with the error “waiting for cRIO to reboot” in the search box) reveals this thread from last year:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100022&highlight=Waiting+for+cRIO+to+reboot

we had the same issue at some point, it really is annoying! But it forced us to use the output on the Driver Station, so now we use both. Every problem is an opportunity to learn a new skill :slight_smile:

I tried all the advice in that thread. I also reinstalled the JDK, Netbeans and the FRC plugins. I still have the same issue. The only thing that I noticed that was a little funny is that some how through the reinstalling netbeans rembered my team number (no other settings though).

What firewall and antivirus are you using? Have you tried disabling them?

My team usually had this issue when we were on the wrong IP. Make sure your IP is set statically to 10.xx.yy.5.

Try turning the robot on then off while uploading it is trying to tell you to reboot the robot i believe.

The last number can be any number that’s not 1, 2 or 11. Typically, the driver station will be 5, so you can’t have the programming laptop have the same IP address.