wallets

after being jelous of a co-op on or team of having a wallet made completely out of duck tape, i decided to make my own. i found a site with pretty good instructions. I followed the instructions for the basic layout of the wallet but when it got down to making the viewable window and the pockets for cards, i started to improvise.

The wallet was first made out the origional grey duck tape, but then i covered it with the deglo orange duck tape to brighten it up. i did not cheat and cover up my wallet. It is 99.9% all duck tape, all except for the plastic viewing window for my drivers liscense.

Enjoy the pics!!

http://members.home.net/cbteam234/DSCF0291.JPG

http://members.home.net/cbteam234/DSCF0294.JPG

Thats awesome…now i may have to make one for myself and ditch my normal leather wallet…i think i may have to use grey and yellow or blue and red for my colors…:smiley:

Duck Tape has uses for everything!!

I already told you this in IM, but I want to repeat myself…Clark, you are officially strange…even though my brother saw the pictures over my shoulder and is thinking about trying it…lol

~Angela who’s youth group used to have a list of 1,000 uses of duct tape that weren’t from the book of duct tape uses…

Whats so strange about that? just wondering…:smiley:

A ducktape wallet isnt as strange as ducktape sandels or a backpack…:slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**Whats so strange about that? just wondering…:smiley:

A ducktape wallet isnt as strange as ducktape sandels or a backpack…:slight_smile: **

true…but I’ve never heard of those before…now I have…and you’re right…they aren’t as strange…

When my FIRST binder broke I covered it up totally in duct tape and it was fine…so, its not unheard of :wink:

“There’s never a problem that can’t be solved with duct tape.”

i have a kid on my team that made his very own duct tape shoes. to say the least, they were original!!

A couple seasons back my soccer team needed to water proof our cleats. It was pouring and we had to play anyway, not a problem to play in the rain just the puddles that were the depth of baby pools really? We went to the hardware store before we got to the field and bought 2 of every collor duct tape they had. Too bad noone had a camera with them, by the end of the game the tape was most of the way off our cleats. Oh well, it worked anyway. I also know people who have made wallets, sandals, clothing, and many other things out of duct tape. The best was a guitar thet really worked and had good sound.

Edit: David was the $50 necessary?

lol

*Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan *
**A couple seasons back my soccer team needed to water proof our cleats. It was pouring and we had to play anyway, not a problem to play in the rain just the puddles that were the depth of baby pools really? We went to the hardware store before we got to the field and bought 2 of every collor duct tape they had. Too bad noone had a camera with them, by the end of the game the tape was most of the way off our cleats. Oh well, it worked anyway. I also know people who have made wallets, sandals, clothing, and many other things out of duct tape. The best was a guitar thet really worked and had good sound.

Edit: David was the $50 necessary? **

There was actually 2 $50’s, 5 $20’s, and 4 $1’s. i can lay it all out and take another picture to show you:). i’m poor. i need to find a job. i mow grass every now and then. it keeps a little money in my wallet.

*Originally posted by David Kelly *
**There was actually 2 $50’s, 5 $20’s, and 4 $1’s. i can lay it all out and take another picture to show you:). i’m poor. i need to find a job. i mow grass every now and then. it keeps a little money in my wallet. **

I wish I was so poor tat I had $204.00 in my pocket. I have $1.24 in my checking account, then again just spent $1000.00 for one college class… I have no gas and don’t get paid for 2 weeks. :mad:

*Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan *
**
I wish I was so poor tat I had $204.00 in my pocket. I have $1.24 in my checking account, then again just spent $1000.00 for one college class… I have no gas and don’t get paid for 2 weeks. :mad: **

do you have any ideas of what i can do with all that money? j/k

the only reason i have that much money is cause i don’t like to spend it. i usually put it in the bank or pay for gas (which is now around $1.30). the invention of the .mp3 has saved me a lot of money. my bank account will get drained once we get into roboitcs season. i won’t have a job and our trips are gonna cost around $700 each this year. so i gotta save it.

Wait a sec, you pay $1.30 for gas? EVIL!

Anyhow, what drains my money is usually FIRST, and every other year, a band trip. The band is going to Disney at the end of April, and I think it might be the same weekend as nationals, so that makes decision making a lot easier (not to mention fund raising).

I useually spend more money during FIRST too. Gas down here is $1.21 hehehe if you know where to go, other plces here it’s about $1.28. That’s better than when I lived in VA. We payed around $1.58, after the prices dropped a bit. Anyway, I’d put the money in a bank account too. If anything you can save it for school. I think I remember you saying you’ll be a senior, right? Don’t forget about Prom, you might want to go. Most people who say they dont wanna go or don’t care if they go usually change their minds and want to go.

I made up my mind my freshman year that I don’t want to go to any of my proms. No biggie though. I have plenty of fun on band trips and the FIRST competitions.

*Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan *
**I useually spend more money during FIRST too. Gas down here is $1.21 hehehe if you know where to go, other plces here it’s about $1.28. That’s better than when I lived in VA. We payed around $1.58, after the prices dropped a bit. Anyway, I’d put the money in a bank account too. If anything you can save it for school. I think I remember you saying you’ll be a senior, right? Don’t forget about Prom, you might want to go. Most people who say they dont wanna go or don’t care if they go usually change their minds and want to go. **

yeah, i’ll be a senior. i’d like to go, but i don’t really have anyone to go with. oh well, it’s cheaper…lol

Yeah, robotics is costly. So’s band. I’m in both. Go nerds! Right now I got a nice stash but prom ate a big chunk of it. Not my prom. Someone I met thru robotic’s prom. Who’da thunk it?

how the heck did this thread get soooo off topic of the origional topic?

Actually i think it was u (david) and Caryoln that took it way off topic…lol

It went off topic when both of u started talking about money…:smiley:

(Just a little help from Mr. Obivious!)