Want to control the Camera using the joystick?

Using labview and the logitech attack 3 joystick. i want to get the top buttons to move the camera, like the top button on the joystick to move the camera up. i know how to pull up the buttons, but not how to assign them anything or where to find camera motion any pointers?

Could you be more specific on what you mean by up? Do you want to move a bracket holding a static camera up? Or do you have a camera that moves on it’s own?

What hardware do you have (Gimbol, etc.)?

were using an Axis 206 Network camera it has motors that allows it to move

Unless those “motors” are actually servos that fall under the permitted specifications according to the rules, they won’t be legal on a competition robot.

I’m pretty sure the Axis 206 doesn’t include any motors, though. Where did you get one that does, and what documentation do you have on how to control it?

i asked a kid on my team. apparently the camera is mounted on a frame with two actuators one for vertical and one for horizontal

Please be more specific about these “actuators”. Their precise nature will determine how to connect them to the control system and how to program the cRIO to control them.

A picture would help a lot.

OK, assuming that you are using a two servo control, here is a VI that you can put into your teleop and wire up to control it. Let me know if there are any bugs.

ServoGimbol.vi (19.3 KB)

ServoGimbol.vi (19.3 KB)

I wouldn’t call it a “bug”, but it looks like you’ve gone to a lot of trouble to duplicate the built-in LabVIEW In Range and Coerce function.

If you want anyone to use that VI, you’re probably going to need to explain what its inputs are and what it does with them.

so what do i need to do with the VI file inside labview?

Initialize the 2 servos in begin.vi.

Drop the servo control vi into your teleop program and hook up the inputs. To do this, click and drag the icon in the upper right corner of the window into teleop. Then input the 2 refnums for the servos, x and y axes, steps and limit cluster. See the attached image.

Teleop Example.png

Teleop Example.png

whered you pull up Digital Module 1?

If you right click the corresponding terminal and click “create constant”