Wanted: Low Voltage Driver Station Logs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg&feature=emb_title

Low voltage, that is.

I’m seeking driver station logs that show a robot with very low voltage. Ideally, low enough to cause a reboot/reset or pause control of motors or other problems. If you have them, and are willing to share, please let me know or post them here. I would be appreciative.

5 Likes

I have many CSV’s showing this data from many robots, on and off the field. Any constraints on file format or source of the low voltage?

3 Likes

CSVs would be perfect. Looking for time stamps and voltage from the RoboRIO/system main battery voltage.

1 Like

Can do. On the road today, but will shuffle through logs later tonight to see what I can find!

1 Like

Quickly looked through from random practices over the past few days, these have brownout events logged.

ds_Logs_brownouts.zip (243.9 KB)

Plenty more if you’re looking for something specific

3 Likes

late to the party, but I brought .csv’s: https://github.com/gerth2/CasseroleDataArchives

They are sparse - not all rows (timestamps) have samples on all columns (signals).

TIME comes from Timer.getFPGATImestamp() at the time that control loop started. Battery Current Draw and Battery Voltage are probably the columns you want - both measured from the PDP (so with relatively equal CAN bus latency).

2 Likes

I will check to see if the log file saved but we had 3 off season matches of brown outs due to bad batteries / motors drawing too much current

I’ll find them on Monday hopefully

2 Likes

If you want, I can probably pull some off our driver station from our off-season a week ago - we had a match where it got down to 3.6v before losing comms! Kinda interesting watching that battery die during the first 30 seconds of the match…

2 Likes

Sure! Sounds like an interesting log to look at.

The robot never moved during the match (although it tried during auto) - and there wasn’t even a compressor running!

dsevents:

dslog:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.