We need globe motors

Posted by Eric Tarnowski at 02/26/2001 1:56 PM EST

Student on team #535, G-Force, from Huntington North High School and United Technologies Electronic Controls.

I was just wondering if there was anyone we could purchase globe motors from. If you have some and would be willing to sell them to us either e-mail me ([email protected]) or post a response.

Thanks,

Eric Tarnowski

Posted by Dan Richards at 02/26/2001 6:47 PM EST

Student on team #550, WCTS Robotics, from Warren County Vo-Tech and WCTS.

In Reply to: We need globe motors
Posted by Eric Tarnowski on 02/26/2001 1:56 PM EST:

Two globe motors: $50 plus shipping. Take it or leave it.

Posted by nick237 at 02/26/2001 9:51 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

In Reply to: I’ve got a pair of globe motors.
Posted by Dan Richards on 02/26/2001 6:47 PM EST:

Dan. Whats your fee for a pint of life saving blood, Its people like you who make Sharing F.I.R.S.T. Worth while.
Your team must be very pleased with the way you extort funds for your team assuming its for the team and not your back pocket.

If there is any team out there that can help the team in need please contact them and do what you can, it will make you feel good all over.
If we had any left we would send them with out question.
Oh and Dan when your in Florida and are desperate for a part to stay in competition I hope two things dont happen.
1 That the team in need is not in your game winning alliance.
2 That your team does not need a part and comes to the H.E.R.O. Booth for a freeby. All though we would give you any part you need " FOR FREE " We would remind you of what you told the team above ( Take it and Leave ).
Enjoy your globe motors Dan. notice I signed my name at the bottom.
NICK 237

: Two globe motors: $50 plus shipping. Take it or leave it.

Posted by Ken Leung at 02/27/2001 11:01 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Re: I’ve got a pair of globe motors.
Posted by nick237 on 02/26/2001 9:51 PM EST:

I am sure Dan here is just joking about it, and that if Eric from team 535 actually contact him they would’ve worked out a better deal than raw money + shipping.

Maybe in certain way people can justify selling parts to other teams… situations like when a team actually paid money to an outside source for spare parts have too much left over, so they are just selling those left over parts. This will be just like the buyers actually going to the outside source themselves. Therefore no profits are involved between the teams.

But if it’s actually kit parts, teams can’t necessary justify gaining profits from sale. After all, I am sure when teams pay for the kit they didn’t pay full price for everything. So it will seems kind of cheap taking advantage of the people who donated the kit parts…

So, maybe next time when teams are trying to get parts, we can 1) direct them to a retail who actually sells the parts, or 2) offer to exchange whatever they want with whatever spare parts they don’t need, or 3) setup something similar to what Nick setup and offer the parts to them for free.

It is this kind of action that makes the FIRST community so interesting and fun to be in.

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 02/28/2001 12:16 PM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: I am sure he wasn’t serious
Posted by Ken Leung on 02/27/2001 11:01 PM EST:

Sorry to change topic, but I was wondering where teams get spare drill motors… They are a vital piece of our robot (assuming we don’t use the stretcher), and we may like to get a spare or two if we can find them for a reasonable rate. I found the drills that they come in, but I can only find the whole drill kit which is like $180…

Thanks
Patrick

: I am sure Dan here is just joking about it, and that if Eric from team 535 actually contact him they would’ve worked out a better deal than raw money + shipping.

: Maybe in certain way people can justify selling parts to other teams… situations like when a team actually paid money to an outside source for spare parts have too much left over, so they are just selling those left over parts. This will be just like the buyers actually going to the outside source themselves. Therefore no profits are involved between the teams.

: But if it’s actually kit parts, teams can’t necessary justify gaining profits from sale. After all, I am sure when teams pay for the kit they didn’t pay full price for everything. So it will seems kind of cheap taking advantage of the people who donated the kit parts…

: So, maybe next time when teams are trying to get parts, we can 1) direct them to a retail who actually sells the parts, or 2) offer to exchange whatever they want with whatever spare parts they don’t need, or 3) setup something similar to what Nick setup and offer the parts to them for free.

: It is this kind of action that makes the FIRST community so interesting and fun to be in.

Posted by Joe Johnson at 02/28/2001 3:09 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Drill motors…
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/28/2001 12:16 PM EST:

You can buy just the motors from a Skil-Bosch tool center. The transmissions are available too. As I recall the motors are in the mid $20’s and the transmissions are in the mid $30’s.

Our local one is Marsh Powertools in Livonia. I am sure that you have a local dealer.

Try the skil-bosch web site.

Good luck,

Joe J.