Webcasts of Nat's

Can someone please gimme a link to a couple good webcasts…especially of the galieo division. thank you very much

NASA Webcasts Page

This is the current nationals webcast page, keep checking their homepage or the page set up for FIRST for in formation on watchin specific divisions.

Home Page
robotics.nasa.gov’s page for FIRST

NASA is only doing Real. (part Friday and all Saturday)

SOAP will compliment by doing Windows Media (off of NASA servers) . (Th - Sat)

Soon this URL will point to a one-stop location for nationals.
http://nasa.sigmacat.com

Regards,
SOAP Team
Team 108 - SigmaC@T (Galileo Div)

SOAP you guys are simply the best team when it comes to providing scouting data and video of Comps. Would it be possible for you or anyone else out there to post the schedule of matches. So myself and everyone else at home would know when and where to watch ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

You’re all very welcome. Remember, we have teammates back home watching too. :slight_smile:

NASA knows they need to update the links on their website. Once setup all links go active…(The crew from KSC is driving there as I type…).

We’ll talk w/ the right person from FIRST about a pre-release of matches. I think we can arrange for that…maybe not before Friday, but 1st thing on Friday…

Also, SOAP will modify its automatic seeding scroller (still setup for IL - http://www.soap108.com/2003/custom/seeding_scroller/ ) so you can “scoreboard-watch” back home.

Enjoy!!!
SOAP Team
Team 108 - SigamC@T (Galileo)
MOTOROLA & Dillard HS & Taravella HS
Plantation, FL

Does anyone have a contact with NASA that might be able to contact Charter Communications and talk them into broadcasting the NASA Chanel during live feeds of our Competition? I have contacted everyone from Charter top to bottom and Cspan2.
I think it may take a voice from NASA to do the trick.
There are a lot of friends and family that would like to watch the progress of the several teams from north Alabama that will be in
Houston.

Thanks SOAP! Especially since I won’t be there but my team will. Good luck to ya’ll!

I AM ONE OF THE TEAMATTES THAT SOAP108 MENTIONED THAT ARE BACK HOME (STUPID MONO:( ) AND I WILL RUNNING HOME FROM SCHOOL TOMMOROW AND FRI TO CHECK HOW WERE DOING. I AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF TEAM 108 AND I HOPE THAT ALL THE OTHERS TEAMS USE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT TO EVERYONE. THANKS.

GO TEAM 108!!

I’m home cause of stupid IB and AP exams. I want that IB diploma. On the bright side I do get to go with my best friend to her prom. And yes, she is on a robotics team, 179 to be exact. I’m probably going to check from home after school too.

I am absolutely going INSANE right now. :ahh:

I rushed home from class to get on the webcasts and hopefully watch the kickoff… and it’s not there!

I didn’t realize that NASA only broadcasts Friday and Saturday… and SOAP hasn’t set up the links to nats yet (or I’m completely missing it). Can someone please PM me a link to a webcast that’s up right now, or one that will be up soon?

Thank you so much!

P.S. - It’s teams like SigmaC@TS that FIRST needs more of… they’re providing a great service to the FIRST community, and making sure that people like me (who got left behind in Indiana while everyone I know in FIRST ran off to Houston) don’t go completely nuts!

Last I checked, the above links weren’t working. Try this…

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/robotics/

It’s up, all 4 fields listed & linked. Working fine, A bit choppy but it’s up.

Does anyone have a schedule of the matches? I’d really like to know who’s playing so I know when to watch the different webcasts.

http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/chevents.htm

Sure, check under “match results” it give a schedule for each division + results from previous matches.

*Originally posted by SarahB *
**Does anyone have a schedule of the matches? I’d really like to know who’s playing so I know when to watch the different webcasts. **

Until you get a schedule, it’s been working for me to check here for match results

and learn off the webcast what match they’re playing. Generally seemed to be @6 events behind posting scores and what’s playing.

I have found that Real streams from NASA work better than the streams from SOAP.

Any one know where a current list of the seedings are?

From my calculations based on the Agenda saying that there will be 35 matches ran tommorrow, I belive the last match will be about match 93.

*Originally posted by gsensel *
**Any one know where a current list of the seedings are?

under standings

ive found that too… its much smoother

i run a cable modem off a router… so i have reasonable bandwith… but the service in my area isnt that great either…real seems to not stop and lag as much

*Originally posted by gsensel *
**I have found that Real streams from NASA work better than the streams from SOAP.

Any one know where a current list of the seedings are?

From my calculations based on the Agenda saying that there will be 35 matches ran tommorrow, I belive the last match will be about match 93. **