Website Excellence Award

Does anybody have an idea on how our website measures up in getting the website excellence award?

www.mmr2410.com

You might want to make the FIRST logo bigger on the main page. It’s so small in the top left hand corner that some people might pass right by it. On the pictures, you might want to put a little caption on what’s going on in it. The team member bios are interesting if I might say. They are funny (even I chuckled a bit) but you might want to put some “real” information on them. (I would keep the pictures though, they are entertaining.) In relation to that, why don’t all of the team members have bios??? If this is a public and team website, you might also want to have a calendar where you can post important dates. An announcements page might not be a bad idea either. I like the banner at the top and the background is cool.:]

I’d recommend going back through the official criteria and rating your site on a scale of 1-5 or 1-10 to see what you think about it. Better yet, hand it to someone that’s not on the team for them to rate.

Does anybody have an idea on how our website measures up in getting the website excellence award?

www.mmr2410.com

I’d highly recommend not making all of your text images because it increases loading time and really has no advantage.

I’d recommend going back through the official criteria and rating your site on a scale of 1-5 or 1-10 to see what you think about it. Better yet, hand it to someone that’s not on the team for them to rate.

That’s what we did, we had an alumnus check it out and send us back feedback. He’s also an art student, so he was really helpful.

you need more text and less images… even though the text is in the image. The effect you get with the bevel on the text really isnt that great and actually makes it harder to read.

your site is also very sparse on content, which is what FIRST really cares the most about… so i dont know. Id hate to be a party pooper but your chances are kinda slim…

I love your Members page =)
I am sure it took lots of time to do that …

But as it was mentioned, you need Text instead of pictures. You also need lots of more info than you have already.