Website Feedback

Hey guys! As week two opens, I’ve finished adding a few things to my team’s new website. Our old website was terribly disorganized and heavily flash-based, so I’ve been working on a new one in between working on Chairman’s. I would really appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism, as it is my first time making a website of any kind. I’m totally open to any suggestions and will answer any questions. Thanks!

frc3525.com

Social media icons: I had to hover over the right-most one to tell that it was YouTube (looks like a cross between a Chinese character and an inner tube, honestly).

On the what is FRC? page, you should probably update to the current FRC logo and URL.

Peanut Gallery - email addresses aren’t aligned (I’m guessing spaces). Would a table work better?

You have no videos on the videos page…

Thanks so much! I amended the FIRST page and Peanut Gallery pages, but unfortunately I can’t readjust the size of the social media icons. Right now we don’t have any videos to put up, but that will be fixed as the season continues!

One possibility for the YouTube icon is to use the “play button” logo](https://www.youtube.com/yt/brand/media/image/YouTube-icon-dark.png).

Actually that is the more common youtube logo anyway now. If you notice the app, and mobile site use the play button logo and it’s the logo used in youtube rewind.

I see eventual phasing out of the old logo in favor of the play button.

The site looks good. Clean and modern. You’ve done a really good job so far.

A couple suggestions.

Consider placing links in the page text to other pages on your site. One of the many things Google ranks is cross linking.

Example: Sponsors tab:

text says “If you are interested in sponsoring our team, please visit our “Sponsor Application” page! Any unanswered questions can be directed to [email protected].”

Consider linking the text “Sponsor Application” to the page or pdf that the text is referring to.

You may also want to think about using a “Contact Us” form instead of announcing the email directly on the page. It opens opens your email address up to SPAM crawlers and your email inbox may get bombarded by useless junk emails. Contact forms help with this, but aren’t a sure bet either.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for the answers! I totally agree with the YouTube logo, as I much prefer the more modern one. I actually can’t change the logo I use for social media at all, because I’m using Weebly as a base. If I could change it, I definitely would!

I have not attempted to add links in page text, but I’d like to when I get the chance! Thank you for your feedback! :slight_smile: