Weekly Wins 05-12-2023

Anyone got some of them wins? Big or small it’s fine, I just want to hear some cool things people have done.

Ok, so gif is a give away - new Zelda game came out and that was fun. But also my passport came in so I’m no longer contained by the borders of the US… Now just by my utter hatred of flying.

18 Likes

24 Likes

I’m done with AP Exams!

24 Likes

This is the most Engineering friendly Zelda game to date. You can build complex powered machines and operate them with steering, wind power, etc. I’m having a blast just attaching fans to carts and trying to break land speed records…

10 Likes

Also done with AP exams ! Finally i have a break!

12 Likes

took my last AP exams of the year, its a relief to finally get them done with.

our team is having our end-of-year celebration tomorrow (or today, as i’m writing this at 1:45 in the morning)! we’re doing an ice cream bar, senior speeches, and team awards.

6 Likes

Closing in on a new fitness goal! Aiming to enter 1000lb club (1000lb in combined bench/squat/deadlift) by the end of the summer. This time last year I was at 550lb, now I’m at 920lb.

• 215lb bench
  • 330lb squat (rip beachbots)
  • 375lb deadlift (max weight alliance before battery and bumpers)
16 Likes

4 years of university complete!

And starting a new job on Monday. The difference now is that I can walk out whenever I want.

21 Likes

I am enjoying a semi-vacation hanging with a friend in Berlin this week - so that’s super fun :slight_smile:

Berlin has really nice bike lanes and really wide sidewalks everywhere, which I am quite jealous of. :slight_smile:

U8 line Metro Station

Brandenburg Gate

Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe

Sunset on the towers at Potsdamer Platz

Tomorrow we will watch the elections back home and hope for people who will value education to win the election.

12 Likes

Post a video of you squating 3 max-weight, bumperless, battery-less robots and then we’ll talk.

In all seriousness, that’s impressive! Always love to see fitness goals get crushed.

4 Likes

Been practicing for an upcoming hackathon and I’m able to answer all 7 questions on previous exams within the time limit by myself.
Now to do that on the actual day. (I also have two teammates so I’m feeling good about it)

2 Likes

I aim to be the buffest person in contexts where it makes no sense to be buff. In this case: drive coaching :muscle:

5 Likes

“Yeah I’m the buffest competitive crocheter in our league. What yeah the average age is 73… what of it?”

8 Likes

But we still can’t rotate objects in all three directions, only two :sob:. To quote my friend, the ultra hand is “onshape but worse of the wild”

Jokes aside, I’ve been loving the game so far, I used the merge thing to make a bridge to skip like half of the ice section in the new great plateau area. 10/10 will be filling the void robotics has left open in the summer.

5 Likes

Finished all of my ap testing, just got my dominican passport and citizenship through some transcription, and am making progress on my VEX bot. A good week for me!

7 Likes

Just finished the 8 hour marathon of Drivers Ed, just need my hours then I will get my license!

3 Likes
  • By the final official measures, my wife of six months is now a South Carolinian.
  • Oh, hey, been married six months!
  • Two new kids came to 1293’s meetings this week.
  • Random day off in the middle of the week, courtesy of being a state employee on Confederate Memorial Day. (I marked the day with a nap.)
8 Likes

AP exams

Also helped a FTC team get their differential swerve running

2 Likes

Same here! Six exams later, phew, what a relief! Now I can spend all my time implementing increasingly silly robotics programming tricks actually relaxing for once.

3 Likes

My kids have finished their AP physics exams, and my PrusaCaster actually works!

My fingertips hurt and I suck at guitar very slightly less than I did two days ago.

3 Likes