Weekly Wins 10-02-2020

Between me and a couple coworkers, we fixed like 7 bugs this week and added tests around woefully untested code.

5 Likes

Did some more CAD. Really liked how this animation turned outUntitled-Project (2)

27 Likes

Now there’s someone with their priorities right :+1:

3 Likes

We finished our new custom steel doors for the robotics room

9 Likes

I met a guy who lived like that once, up in New Hampshire. Two Bridgeports and an engine lathe in his living room.

9 Likes

Decided at the beginning of the week I wanted to build my first custom PC to replace my current 10 year old desktop instead of buying a premade one. After a few trillion Google searches, how-tos, product reviews, and benchmark comparisons, I have the build finalized within the week. Now I just need to wait to get out of COVID lockdown to be able to actually purchase the parts and start building

7 Likes

That is just begging for some paint. Like a team logo or even just some dope robot themed art.

1 Like

Mine was the latter. Over two months after applying, and some six and a half months after the last bit of paying work my former business performed, I finally started my new job. It’s been an exhausting two days, most of which I attribute to ring rust, but overall I’m excited.

6 Likes

We will have our logo on it, as of now we’re also working in rebranding our team

1 Like

The product I have been helping to develop for well over a year finally released! Was quite the week for our project team!

Insert subtle plug for VEX GO here.

13 Likes

Does his name rhyme with Kean Damen?

5 Likes

Something like that was engraved on a couple of obelisks out by the road, at his driveway entrance. Machine tools were visible through a picture window as you drove up to the house.

3 Likes

I adopted a cat! She’s shy but we’re making progress.

35 Likes

First week of virtual FLL challenge and explore meetings went alright!

Also I have a scented candle burning in my room that smells like a French baguette and it’s delightful.

5 Likes

Great work! I wish I had this when I was in elementary school.

1 Like

I wrapped up another month of running 200+ km (e.g. ~30 miles per week).

13 Likes

Aww. What’s her name? How old is she?

Her name is Bitsy and she’s 9 years old.

18 Likes

Looks like this ain’t your first rodeo.

5 Likes

I made it through another week of teaching to a computer screen full of initials inside circles.

14 Likes