Weekly Wins 10-28-2022

It’s spooky season, so even if your week was frightful I’m sure some good things happened?

I swapped out the plate on my X1C for a textured PEI. Getting even more wonderful prints with it.

I also got some very positive feedback at work related to one of the places I wanted to work on improving.

4 Likes

I came home this week, and get to hang out with my cats :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I get to volunteer for the first time tomorrow! It’s gonna be so sick duuudes :call_me_hand:.

6 Likes

Threw a drive base (for heavy equipment) through a series of tests. It passed with flying colors. Now to load the rest of the stuff on there, which is an S.E.P. (We used a simulator for the stuff on top.)

Oh, and @Stanford_Orfila: you are soooooo buuusted. For what, we’ll figure that out tomorrow or the next day. (I’m at the same event.)

5 Likes

Just loaded into Tidal Tumble and new robot seems to be working exactly how we expected: barely!

Super excited to compete this weekend : D

6 Likes

Loaded in and helped with the setup of HHH.
Assembled the Hub and some of the electronics.

Excited to compete today

1 Like

Got our 2017 robot restored and are working on programming. (Fun challenge for our new programming students).

Pretty fun to see that old robot come back to life. Still our only robot to make it to championship.

Goal is to use it as a defense bot for new driver

3 Likes

Got our Mk4i’s assembled.

1 Like

Lots of progress in the workshop this week. Getting the Romi robots ready for elementary STEM night, assembling our new Swerve X modules and assembling the base for our swerve drivetrain.

4 Likes

Mk4i modules assembled. Going to have the drivebase assembled hopefully Monday, but at the latest wednesday

2 Likes

MK4i chassis all built, wired, and tested motor and sensor functionality. On to coding!

2 Likes

Our turret upgrade for our 2022 robot (originally had no turret) is almost completed. All the parts are in place and working. Just need to get software working. Right now, worst case is that we have a non-rotating turret that shoots pretty well.

{don’t judge the mess… or the pool noodles… or… well, whatever, go ahead and judge!)

5 Likes

I ran my first family workshop at my new job, and it was a big hit! 8 families, 23 pumpkins carved, all participants who filled out the post-event survey rated it 5/5 (“Very fun!!!”), and it was at least one person’s first time carving a pumpkin.

Rookie FTC team is clicking along, if a little slower than I’d like. We picked up another parent volunteer last week, and the online registrations are starting to come in. It’s challenging being the only real coach, but it’s incredible to have a super supportive admin team behind me handling all the transportation, food, shirt orders, etc for our competition next weekend.

3 Likes

I discovered that a parent of one of the team members is coaching a new FLL team so I offered to help them. For once, the FLL team members will be attending the school my FRC team is based at. In a typical year, I mentor two or three FLL teams. Many of them have done very well including several that have gone on to compete at the World Festival. Unfortunately, they all ended up going to high schools with FRC teams that were not the ones that I was mentoring. At those FRC teams, they were often selected to take on many of the leadership roles.

One of the teams at the STEM Center where our shop is located organized the Pumpkin Rumble scrimmage for the other teams working there. Costumes were encouraged. There were (non-robot) games and a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Getting this text is always a relief. If you live in the U.S. don’t forget to #vote — the deadline is fast approaching next Tuesday.

JARED H, This is a message from the California Secretary of State on behalf of Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters. The US Postal Service has collected your ballot for the upcoming November 8, 2022, General Election and will deliver it to us soon.

8 Likes

Update:

JARED H, This is a message from the California Secretary of State on behalf of Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters. Your ballot for the November 8, 2022, General Election was received and counted. Thank you for voting!

7 Likes