Weekly Wins 11-13-2020

Ok folks, it’s Friday the 13th in 2020.

Let’s celebrate some good things that happened this week. Big or small.

My win is that I’ve been enjoying playing with the parts of rust I’m playing with to deal with simulations. One of my long time goals has been to get better about building explorable explanations for concepts. The part I struggle with right now is finding an appropriate level of abstraction. Because I do not want to accurately simulate disease progression just to talk about healthcare costs dangit!

6 Likes

Wishful thinking?

10 Likes

Took the sat. real fun

5 Likes

Yup.

I did quite well on a pair of tests. I tried ranch on pizza and it was actually good, further solidifying my excellent homemade pizza game. And I got some parts ready for #TeamThrifty - hopefully those come back ok and you guys love them. I’m not putting spoilers here though.

9 Likes

I got my desktop back up and running once my new CPU cooler came in. Glad to have it again after it was down for almost a month!

5 Likes

Did some more CAD. Getting used to onshape, and some of it’s unique abilities. Made a couple things this week:

1. A configurable WCD drivebase
  2. A really short swerve module (6.875x7.375x4.9) and 4.9 lbs
11 Likes

Built a scholarship program with my friends.

18 Likes

I got accepted to the Colorado School of Mines along with $14,000 of merit based aid. I also had my interview with my senators office for a service academy nomination, and I think it went really well.

12 Likes

Dad Brag: After a shaky start at 100% virtual school, my daughter ended the term with all A’s/A+'s.

please accept cute kitten photo in our new build space as tax for bragging:

23 Likes

I survived another week. Burnout is real.

6 Likes

Rode every day to work on motorcycle. Thursday and Friday were 27 and 32 degrees respectively :cold_face:
No electric gear.

7 Likes

Finished a rough draft for my web design project. I put 8-12 hours into it, and likely can submit the draft as my final version due to that.
Found a new place on campus where my friends and I can play D&D, meaning we don’t have to drive super far to find a play room.

6 Likes

I just learned that I won my election and I’m senior class president which I never thought would happen.

11 Likes

Cashed in my credit card rewards, which paid for my new Ryzen 5 5600x and NR200P case. Feels good to upgrade a 6 year old machine. Now if I could just get a 3070…

5 Likes

How long did it take to count the absentee ballots? :rofl:

6 Likes

Was it full of Mountain Dew?

Bike parts I ordered for a gravel/monstercross build came in nearly a week early!

5 Likes

I made homemade pizza for the first time! Not as hard as I imagined it would be, and came out pretty good (especially considering I don’t have a proper pizza pan):

10 Likes

Took the SAT and became junior class president.

8 Likes