Weekly Wins 3-12-2021

Hey we got through another week. Neat.

My win was I finalized a design for something at work. Which means this is the first big piece of design I’ve done here.

What did you do this week that you are proud of?

1 Like

went back to school in person!

4 Likes

getting dose 1 of the vaccine later today

10 Likes

Got my first shot this week! Feelin like a million bucks!

11 Likes

Our fridge that we ordered in October arrived finally.

8 Likes

Made my COVID19 contributions by helping our health system (in Michigan) reconfigure our electronic health record system so it can expand the email notification for outpatient COVID19 vaccine appointments to patients ages 50 and above with special medical conditions as defined by CDC. Additionally, we also just added new alerts in the inpatient setting to provide qualified patients (65 and above) the opportunity to receive the 1 dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

10 Likes

Both parents got vaccinated this week and I started a new project.

Oh, and we released the next rev of our swerve design.

10 Likes

The weather was once again really nice for mid March (60 degrees) so once again, I drove my car with the windows down and the sun roof open.

9 Likes

it’s open window weather in Texas!

6 Likes

My parents both got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. Some family friends (and the parents of a 4646 student) got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, so we might be able to do something together relatively soon.

8 Likes

Got a perfect reading score on my SAT practice test, my guessing was on point today.

12 Likes

I feel like every day this week was a great day. It’s been a little while since that’s happened for me, so I’m very greatful.

Also, my Dance form as been on point. I just finished filming for one of my two pieces in this semester’s show, so I’m very excited.

5 Likes

I passed my exam for my FCC Technician license!

4 Likes

I just finished my twelfth novel and shipped it off to the publisher. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Got all the parts in for FTC, and the robot is heading out to programming early next week. Gives us 2 weeks for auto before our first comp, so feeling good about that. On Monday the FRC robot was following paths on my deck, but we still have some issues there.

5 Likes

We made our first ever drivetrain tube on our CNC.

I’m finally out of concussion protocol. (I can finally think straight)

We finished our minibot design. Design review this week then making three of them next week. Three teams of underclassmen will each get a minibot and then prototype, design and build a 2017 gear scoring mechanism. Late April/early may we will run a tournament between the three teams and the one upperclassmen team.

The restaurant gave me an extra chicken strip at dinner last night.

14 Likes

We shot a ball into the goal with the robot in full teleop. (Yes, this is novel for my 18-year team.)

9 Likes

Got my one and done J & J shot as did our Coach. Proctored the SAT today, first time in BHS in a year and great to see kids in person and powering through! You can all do this!

6 Likes

Got an internship and started a new quarter :smiley: excited for what’s to come.

10 Likes

All my parts from Xometry China actually had the holes tapped*, and they were packed better than 100% of the shipments we’ve received from within the US**.

*My previous experiences with Xometry include a sum total of nearly 1000 holes that weren’t tapped…mostly m2.5
**a few weeks ago we received a ~2lb finned heatsink wrapped only in paper and its own shipping label

10 Likes